Chapter 12: Same Bed

The brownies were perfect. You and Loki both agreed on that. In fact, you both devoured the entire pan.

"We make a pretty good team, Friggason!" You told him as his hand met yours for a high-five.

"Friggason? I haven't heard that one yet," he chuckled.

"Well I can tell your relationship with your father isn't the greatest and I don't know your frost giant last name so I opted to Friggason," you explained.

"I like it a lot, Idunadottir," he told you.

"Now we must clean up," you changed the subject and looked around at the small mess you had both made.

"Yep," he sighed.

"Or we could use magic," you suggested.

"No, I don't want you to get dazed again," he responded quickly, some kind of protectiveness filling his voice.

"Then you can use your magic," you begged and gave him puppy-dog eyes until he complied. A shimmer of green encased the room and restored it back to its normal state.

"Thank you, sweetheart!" You exclaimed and hopped of the counter. That was new and Loki liked it for some reason. He followed behind you as you lead the way to the corridor. You looked behind you to make sure he was there before giving him a playful look.

He tilted his head and then you did the unexpected. You took off in a sprint down the gorgeous white concrete and gold hallway. He chuckled and ran after you, following your light laughter blindly.

You finally halted at his door, but he couldn't stop in time. He bumped into you, causing you to fall. He wrapped his arms around your waist and caught you before you hit the the ground. He pulled you close to him before opening his door.

"Sorry about that," he released you held open the bedroom door.

"No worries," you laughed nervously and made your way over to the wardrobe to change. Loki had the same idea and stripped of his shirt. Once you were in comfortable clothing, you tucked yourself into the bed.

"Are you going to sleep here, or the couch like a psychopath?" You asked him.

"Are you comfortable with me sleeping on the bed?" He questioned nervously.

"I wouldn't be asking is I wasn't, idiot." You laughed, "selfless idiot." You added.

"That title belongs to you and you only, darling." He teased and curled up into his side of the bed.

"Good night, Loki." You whispered tiredly.

"Good night, princess," he smiled and shut his eyes, hoping for sleep. Soon your soft snores filled the room. Loki groaned turned over on his side to glare at your sleeping figure.

    Instead of glaring, his face softened at your sight. You were facing him and your eyes were closed tight. He chuckled as your nose flared up at each break you took. You hair framed the sculpture of your face and your eyelashes laid flat on the top of your skin. Everything about you, he found endearing; except for the awful snoring.

    He thought back to his mother's word in her office, those few days ago. She was absolutely correct and though he didn't see it before, he believed you were stunning. He sighed and tucked a hair out of your face that was tickling under your nose before flipping back over and attempting to sleep once more.

*

I'm watching fear street because TikTok told me too

Olivia <3