Chapter 4: A Friend

"Where did you run of to last night?" Sif greeted as you piled food onto your plate.

"Something came up," you responded sheepishly.

"We're still going to town today? Right brother?" Thor asked through bites of eggs and bacon.

"Yes, I need to buy a couple things." He replied vaguely. You gulped down some orange juice before slowly digging into your food.

    "Y/n would you like to train with the warriors and I?" Sif asked you gently.

    "She can't, she needs to meet mother and unpack her belongings. They should arrive today." Loki told the both of you.

    "I'm sure she can train for a little bit, brother," Thor suggested.

    "If she has time she may," Loki admitted.

    "I don't know who the hell you guys are talking back but I know its not me. I'll meet your mother but after that I'll do as I please. If you are to be my husband, you are to be my equal, none of this deciding my actions bullshit," you shot at both of the princes and sat up from the table. You stormed off to the garden Loki had shown you the day prior.

    "Good job, idiots." Sif whacked them both in the head and walked off to follow you.

    "What did I do?" Thor whined.

    "She is going to be difficult," Loki sighed.

    "She's not being difficult, she's just choosing not to bend at your will, brother." Thor pointed out.

    "She is fierce. I admire that," Loki admitted. In his 1,000 years of being alive, nobody had ever talked to him that way except for his mother. He was impressed that someone equal to him could tell him no.

    "I think she is a great fit for you. Wether you fall in love or not." Thor thought out loud.

    "There will be none of that nonsense." Loki brushed off his brother's encouragement and continued to eat.

*

    "Y/n? Where did you go!?" Sif yelled as she wandered the halls of the enormous palace. One of the guards coughed and pointed towards the royal garden entrance. Sif thanked him and pushed the metal black gate open to reveal you sitting- no gardening by the flower beds.

    "They have gardeners for that," she announced her presence and pointed to the weeds that you were pulling from the tulips.

    "I'm sure they do but I couldn't stand having the babies suffering," you cooed to the flowers that were swaying slightly at the breeze.

    "You truly are a kind soul," Sif sighed and squatted down to assist you.

    "Oh don't say that, you hardly know me." You warned her and evaporated the weeds into thin air.

    "All I know is that you're a perfect addition to the royal family." She complimented.

    "How do you mean?" You asked and collapsed onto the brick pathway. She wiped some sweat from her forehead before sitting besides you.

    "You put those stubborn princes in their place today! Nobody has done but their mother." She smiled and rubbed the top of your hand.

    "That makes me feel worse," you cringed at your behavior at breakfast.

    "Don't feel bad, feel proud. They are your equals. Remember that." She assured you.

    "How did you get stuck with them?" You laughed, changing the subject.

    "Friends since birth, plus Loki used to have a thing for my best friend so then we were all forced to supervise their dates." She explained.

    "One of the warriors?" You pressed and laid back onto the sturdy bricks below you.

    "Mhm, Fandral." She told you.

    "Aw that would've been cute to see," you chuckled as you picture Loki and Fandral dancing at one of Asgard's famous parties.

    "I don't think you're supposed to say that about your betrothed," she joked.

    "There's no love involved. Besides it was in the past," you reminded her.

    "What about you, any past relationships?" She inquired as she laid down next to you.

"Just one, Ava. She was the goddess of art," you reminisced.

"Was?" Sif tilted her head in confusion.

"She was killed in battle, that is why my father will no longer allow me to fight," you sighed.

"When you marry, you can fight here. Alongside me," she told you.

"You're absolutely right," Loki's cool tone greeted from the entrance of the garden.

"What do you want, Loki?" Sif groaned and tossed a weed she had pulled at him. He caught is effortlessly and it faded away in his hand.

"I'm here to apologize to Y/n and take her to my mother," Loki responded. He glided over to you and stuck out his hand. You reluctantly took it, allowing him to pull you to your feet.

*

I love Sif and Fandral so much idk how to describe it