Chapter 24: Bloody Blade

"On the count of three, we'll enter." You told the couple nervously. They nodded and held their weapons up ready to attack.

     "Okay," you exhaled, "one, two, three!" You exclaimed and slid the door open with great force. Thor rolled in dramatically while you and Sienna stepped over the threshold, taking in the scenery. The house seemed abandoned; cobwebs rested in each corner while dust collect atop the shelves of records and books.

    The dirt on the floor was interrupted foot prints that led to the kitchen where the wall light flickered above the sink. The fridge was ajar but the food was still slightly cold to the touch. Rings from condensation covered the kitchen island and each stool's leather was chipped and cracked. The fabric of the drapes was wrinkled and the rug was stained with a mystery red and dirt.

    "I don't know what happened," Sienna whispered as she looked around her childhood home.

    "Look we'll fix this if you want but first we have to find Loki." You placed your hand on hers and gave her a comforting look.

    "Right, she could be in her bedroom or in the basement." Sienna told you.

     "I can check the basement while you two check the bedroom," Thor suggested.

     "Okay but please be careful and listen just in case we need assistance," you instructed him. He nodded and walked off to find the basement's entrance.

     "Follow me," Sienna requested. She guided you up the creaky stairs and paused ever so slightly at each framed image. There were pictures of what seemed like a younger her and Heather accompanied by two adults.

    "What was she like when she was younger?" You asked referring to Heather.

    "We were close but she always felt threatened by me because she was adopted. I always thought she was so cool because of her magic," she explained contently.

    "You don't have magic?" You questioned.

    "No, I-" Her thought was cut off. A loud shrieking scream coming from the end of the hallway met your ears and filled the house's dead air. You and Sienna exchanged looks before darting up the remaining stairs and down the corridor.

    "Oh my gods, you monster," you heard Jenna cry.

    "Oh my.." Sienna whispered once she caught sight of what happened.

    "Are you fucking crazy?!" You exclaimed.

    "Nobody is getting in the way of this. I'm tired of being second best at everything." Heather growled and tossed a bloody blade by Ila's bleeding body.

    "Ila, hey come on. You can't do this," Jenna rushed to the floor and scooped her wife into her arms.

     "Oh shit, ok, Sienna get Thor now." You ordered and kneeled down to the ground. Heather turned her attention back to Loki who was sitting under her with his mouth taped shut.

    You tore fabric off the bottom of your dress and ordered Jenna to hold it tightly to Ila's figure. Ila was still breathing but it was slowing down. Her breaths seemed more forced and desperate for air. You hovered both your hands over her and allowed gold to escape your finger tips.

    The shimmer latched onto Ila's body which was clinging to life. Her breathing became more stable as she took deep breaths to reclaim the oxygen she was missing.

    "Love, stay with us," Jenna pleaded through sniffles as tears streamed down her face.

    "I love you," Ila croaked in response.

    "She's not going to make it. The blade was poisoned," Heather grinned evilly.

    "Bullshit," you spat back and looked to Loki for an answer. His eyes moved to you and gave you an affirming look.

    "Do something, please," Jenna begged.

*

Um

Um..yeah. I just watched What If..?.

Olivia <3