Chapter 6: Cool Kids

You navigated down the lengthy corridors after your meeting will Frigga until you found yourself at the familiar concrete door decorated with snakes. You pushed it open and sighed at the sight of your belongings from Alfheim.

Afraid of overstepping Loki's boundaries, you left your stuff alone. Except for the easel Ava had gifted you. You removed it from one of the boxes and propped it up outside on Loki's balcony.

From the balcony, you could see the village much clearer. You made out the figures of merchants and townspeople going about their day. Small children bounced on the roofs and made their way down the brick sides.

Women in old worn dresses swept their porches almost in unison as they scolded the children for terrorizing innocent shoppers. You could've sworn you saw Loki and Thor emerge from a craft store but it could've been any blonde and black hair duo.

You adjusted your easel before stepping back into the large room you now shared with Loki. You noticed that he really had his aesthetic locked down.

Royal greens, blacks and golds were everywhere. His curtains were a dark black with gold fringe at the end. The divider you had changed behind earlier had small gold snakes painted on the border. The bed set was a sage green similar to your dress and the pillows were an elegant black with a gold tint.

The couch near the entrance was black with green and gold throw pillows and across from it was a grey brick fire place. Near the divider was a dark wood wardrobe and laundry basket that had been emptied that morning.

You noticed a bookshelf and desk in the corner of the room. The bookshelf was nowhere near empty. Thick and thin, tattered books of various colors filled the dark shelves. The shelves matched the desk that had a single piece parchment and a pot of ink resting on the surface. Besides the desk was a potted plant that was of course wilting.

"What is it with this family and their dying plants?" You thought out loud as you approached the brown plant that resembled a baby orange tree. You ran your slender fingers over the leaves and buds of fruit until they rejuvenated.

"I really am like you, mom," you sighed and looked up to the sky. Thats where you assumed Valhalla was. You were certain your mother got into Heaven. She was the kindest woman you had ever known. Her smile was comforting and her spirit was strong. She was so determined to assist your father in the alliance that she managed to become a Valkyrie before you were born.

You remember seeing pictures of her in the halls of the castle. Her Dragonfang was displayed proudly in the throne room above her vacant throne. You felt a single tear make its way down your soft cheek but quickly swiped it away.

     Your loneliness subsided when a knock rang through the echoey room. You tiptoed over to the large doors and pulled them over to reveal Sif and The Warriors Three.

      "We heard you met with Frigga so we wanted see if you were up to train. Or just hang out?" Sif greeted.

      "I'd love to hang out," you chose the latter. She nodded and gestured for you to follow, which you did. She lead you and the warriors to a room that Loki had not yet showed you.

      "What is this place?" You asked as you stepped into the room.

      "This is the game room. Where the cool kids hang out," Fandral jested. You took in the piney scent of the room and examined the round table that sat itself in the middle. The back wall was occupying a bar along with a wilting plant. The wall near the door was covered with a leather sectional sofa along with paintings of each warrior and Thor.

     You let out a sigh and made your way to the fern that leaned lazily against the bar. Your fingers glowed gold and the fern propped itself back up.

     "You didn't have to do that," Sif told you and handed you a mug of foaming beer. You joyfully accepted and sat yourself down at the table where Hogun was dealing out playing cards.

*

The Warriors Three have my heart

Olivia <3