Chapter 7: Dazed

"Is Y/n not in there?" Thor asked quizzically when Loki emerged from his room.

"No but she must have been at one point. Her easel is out on the balcony." Loki shook his head.

"Maybe she went with Sif," Thor suggested.

"Of course she did," Loki facepalmed himself, pushing into a bruise he had gained earlier while he was shopping. He had hit his head on a shop sign due to being incredibly tall.

He winced at the pain but shook it off, dragging Thor to the game room that the warriors had adopted as their own. He pushed the large double doors open to reveal you laughing tiredly with Sif at the game table.

"Oh there you are, how did shopping go?" You asked through a yawn.

"Fine. Have you used any magic?" He asked, concerned at your exhausted state.

"Not that I remember," you lied.

"You healed that plant," Volstagg pointed to the fern you had helped earlier.

"Oh yeah, and that plant in your room," you grinned.

"You selfless idiot," Loki sighed and pulled you out of your seat.

"Hey what are you doing?" You whined.

"You're dazed, you used far too much magic today. Healing magic is some powerful stuff," he admitted.

"I'm fine, your majesty." You chuckled.

"I'm afraid I disagree, princess." Loki replied firmly and pulled you by your hand out of the game room.

"Goodnight guys!" You yelled happily before the door closed.

"Lower your voice, please," Loki requested as you dragged your feet down the hallway.

"Right," you chuckled.

"You didn't drink anything right?" He asked skeptically.

"Just one beer," you told him truthfully.

"Thats enough to completely waste you in this state." He sighed. You made an 'o' form with your lips as he continued to guide you to his room. You looked up at him and noticed the purple bruise forming on his face. You giggled and leaned up to give him a kiss on the forehead.

"What did you do that for?" He scoffed in faux disgust.

"You had a bruise, silly." You laughed. He rolled his eyes and masked a smile as he helped you walk.

Once in his quarters, he ordered maids to draw a bath for you while he brewed some healing tea. Like he said, healing magic was powerful and he didn't want to risk becoming dazed with you, so he worked by hand while you bathed in the other room.

He placed the steaming tea on a coaster before gliding over to the plant that you healed earlier.

"Selfless idiot," he repeated his words from earlier, "my selfless idiot." He added with a whisper.

"Loki can you bring me a towel, please?" You called from the en suite. He chuckled and plucked a black towel from his wardrobe. He knocked once before entering the bathroom with his eyes closed, placing the towel carefully on the sink.

"Thanks," you told him. Though his eyes were screwed shut, you still attempted to cover yourself with your hands.

"You're welcome," he replied before exiting the bathroom and shutting the door tightly. You let the bath water run down the drain before stepping out of the tub and onto the mat. You wrapped the towel around yourself and emerged from the bathroom.

You beelined to your boxes of belonging in the center of the room and quickly pulled an appropriate sleep outfit. You made your way to behind the divider and pulled the clothes onto your naked figure, quickly.

"How come you haven't unpacked?" Loki inquired curiously and pointed to the tower of boxes.

"I didn't want to overstep, so I decided to wait till you returned." You spoke sleepily.

"Here have this tea, it will help." Loki handed you the mug of tea he had brewed earlier. You took it gratefully and curled up onto your side of the bed. He returned his gaze to his book and continued reading peacefully.

"What did you buy from the village?" You asked after a couple sips of tea.

"I bought Midnight a new blanket and I decided to get you some canvases. I remembered you said you used to paint." Loki replied nonchalantly.

"You didn't have to get me canvases," you whispered sheepishly.

"I want you to enjoy your new life here on Asgard." He told you softly, looking up from his book.

"I appreciate that," you smiled.

"You can paint now if you wish, I have a light for the balcony," Loki gestured to night sky through the window behind him.

"That sounds great actually," you chuckled and set your tea onto the coaster. You steeled yourself off of the bed and made your way to the balcony door. Loki followed close behind you and summoned the canvas in his hand.

"Here," he handes your the already unwrapped canvas and held the door open for you. He followed you out and sat in the rocking chair with his book.

"What are you doing?" You asked as you set up the canvas.

"I should've been more clear. I am the light," he laughed and summoned your art supplies to float next to you.

"Show off," you scoffed and began to paint.

*

Manbun Loki is perfection

Olivia <3