Chapter 20: Dragons

"C'mon, maybe you can paint us something while we make you some tea," Ila suggested as she held open Loki's door. Jenna followed you in and beelined to the shelf of herbs Loki kept for his tea. You happily stripped of your jacket before skipping over to the balcony to retrieve your easel.

    "What does your daughter like, I'll paint something for her," you questioned as you began to prepare your brushes and paint.

    "She's going through a dragon phase at the moment," Jenna chimed as she held her hand to a cold mug of tea. Her hands made the white of the glass glow with a shimmery orange as steam rose from the rim.

"Cool magic," you complimented her before aggressively ripping the plastic film from your canvas.

"Here," she handed you the mug and sat down comfortably next to Ila. You took a sip before turning to the blank canvas. Before you knew it, your brush was tracing outlines onto the fabric.

    You were in the zone; each brush stroke was perfection and Ila and Jenna watched in awe. You were so focused, you didn't notice Loki walking in. Like the snake he was, he managed to sneak his way onto his black sofa where the girls were sitting. Once you started painting, you couldn't stop. This was a common occurance. You were like a switch. Sometimes you were hypervigillant and other times you were completely oblivious to your surroundings.

   "It looks great," Loki chimed once you had the bottom half of the canvas colored with a purpley-brown cave filled with glimmery gold and vibrant gems. You let out a dramatic scoff and turned to face the god who sat smugly beside Ila who braiding his hair absentmindedly.

   "What are you doing here?" You sighed and dipped your thin brushes bristle into a cup of murky water.

   "Last time I checked this is our room," he replied sarcastically. You rolled your eyes and turned your attention back to the painting for Ila's kid so you could finally add the dragon.

"Whatever, just don't bother me." You told him firmly as you began to sketch out the creature. It was tall and guarded the jewels with it's life. You had an idea of how you wanted the scales.

"We're going to go get lunch," Jenna announced as she quickly darted out of the room alongside Ila.

"Really?! It's 3 pm Jenna!" You yelled after them. Outside the door they erupted in giggles before their footsteps faded down the corridor.

    "Now that we're alone can we talk?" Loki chimed as he stood up and glided over to you.

    "No," you replied bitterly.

    "Y-you're going off script.." Loki thought out loud.

    "What?" You laughed nervously.

    "Well thats not how I was hoping you'd respond. I had my response all planned out if you said yes." He admitted. You hummed in response as you began to add scaled to the blob-like figure that would soon be a dragon.

    "Ok if I said yes, what would have you replied with?" You pressed skeptically. His face lit up and he quickly flipped his head back in hopes to remove the curly strands that framed his face.

    "Well first I would apologize," he started, "I'm sorry for snapping at you, you didn't deserve it and you clearly do care. I was wrong." He continued with a hopeful look on his face.

    "Weak," you responded in a serious tone.

    "I beg your pardon?" He tilted his head in confusion.

    "I'm jesting, I accept your apology." You laughed and submerged your brush into the cloudy water before turning your full attention to Loki.

    "Thats not funny," he pouted jokingly.

    "I can't help it, you're fun to mess with," you told him with a smirk before turning back to your canvas.

    "Hey," he cooed softly and tilted your head to face his with two of his fingers.

     "What are you doing?" You whispered in panic. His face faltered before he took a step closer and leaned in.

*

Haha the end of this chapter is my favorite

Haha the end of this chapter is my favorite. Anyways my oneshot book is out now and requests are open!

Olivia <3