Sunflower

Seokjin fixed his jacket with one hand as he fidgeted the two sunflowers in his other hand. He took in a deep nervous breath. He was anxious and stressed but still managed to put on a smile on his face before he rang the bell. Since the last time Taehyung visited Seoul, this idea, this vision of him standing here was inked into his mind. All he could do was scheduling his works and trusting his shop with Jungkook and Namjoon, using some of his savings to arrange a romantic dinner in New York after purchasing his to-go ticket for the same destination. It wasn’t as easy as this at first, he had doubts, insecurities and ‘what ifs…’ that he didn’t know what to do with them but he overcame them, thanks to the multiple conversations he had with his friends and thousands of reminders of how much Taehyung loved him.

Here he was finally.

In New York City. In front of Taehyung’s door. Waiting for him to open the door, and there was no coming back from this after that. He was sure about what he was about to do, what he had planned to do but still, he took a few steps back. And, it was late.

“Oh my fucking god, Seokjin!” Taehyung exclaimed loudly, both looked around to see if neighbours came out to check on them before embracing each other almost instinctively with no conscious decision. Taehyung smelled like home and Seokjin felt like they were in Seoul together, they were at home together and he took deep breathes of Taehyung’s earthy scent. How amazing, how magical Taehyung was to bring everything Seokjin needed the second they see each other again. In that moment of reunion, Seokjin fell in love with Taehyung over and over again. He was lucky to have him, he was the happiest to have someone like Taehyung next to him, forever hopefully.

“I had no idea you were behind this door, right when I was thinking how much I fucking miss you,” Taehyung said after they parted, a lovely smile bloomed on his face that made him look so much like the flowers in his hands. Taehyung, his mesmerizing flower. His sunflower.

“you cursed twice in two minutes and it is already more than your yearly cursing budget… here is influencing wrongly on you, baby…” Seokjin said with a smile before holding up the two flowers in his hands. Taehyung was quick to grab them, hold them close and smile wider than ever that made Seokjin feel in love aver again.

“sunflowers?”

“look at its shape, with vibrant yellows and oranges, a sunflower can brighten your day...it's as if it is smiling like a happy face painted on the sun...so if you do only one thing all day, let it be to smile, so you can brighten the day of others around you, just like the sunflower... somehow, the sun rises each day. Emerging from the horizon, brighter and more beautiful than the previous day. You'll rise from the horizon too, learning to trust again. Learning to love again. Learning to heal. You'll emerge so bright that the haters will be blinded. And darling, you'll be the sun then, bright and beautiful” Seokjin said, amazed that he didn't forget the speech he prepared. “You went through a seed, to a blooming flower Taehyung… and now you are a sun of your own… my sun to adore, cherish, worship and love…” Seokjin chuckled before continuing. “I actually prepared dinner and a whole plan of when to say all of this, but I don't think I will ever find a better moment in my life to say this… I will always adore you like how a sunflower does to the sun, looking at you wherever you are, anticipating, waiting and longing for your warmth and existence for infinity… I will always be your sunflower, for a sun that is you… no matter what… and today… at this moment…” Seokjin took in a deep breath, “at this moment, infinity and forever doesn't sound so distant to me when it is with you when it is you… when you are the future I want to have, the present I cherish and the past I always want to look back at it,” he brought out the box inside his jacket, he didn't kneel. “Honor me, Taehyung… be mine forever like I have always been yours… marry me?” he finished his words and let out of breath he didn't know how long he was holding in.