Chapter 10

"Zarkon!" Allura exclaimed. "He's here!"

Shiro said, "We need to think fast. Princess, get us a wormhole. Coran, get us away from the Galra fleets. Paladins, stay on the bridge. We shouldn't form Voltron unless there's no other option but to fight." the paladins rushed to their seats, Violet standing behind Allura's spot. Lance, Keith and Violet began piloting small drones to shoot at the Galra fighters attacking them.

"Lance, fighter incoming!" Violet warned.

"I see it!" Lance replied, making to shoot at it. However, Keith's drone got to it first. "Wha - Keith!"

"You were too slow. Sorry," Keith said, not sounding sorry at all.

Lance rammed into his drone is retaliation. "Who's slow now?"

"Why, you..."

The boys began engrossed in an all-out drone war. "Focus, Keith, Lance!" Violet snapped, ducking to catch a fighter on her ten. "Fight the Galra, not each other!" She elbowed her way in between the two drones. Grumbling, Lance and Keith separated.

"Violet's right," said Shiro. "You're stronger together. Pidge, Hunk, what's our status on the defense systems?"

"Low. Eleven? Twelve? I'm not sure. I'm so tired I can barely see!" Hunk replied.

"I know our energy is depleted, but we need to fend off Zarkon's army."

Keith asked, "Which will be when?"

"Never if you keep missing the fighters like you're doing now," Violet grumbled, swooping to hit another fighter. Keith glared at her.

"Oh, it's on."

"I've already taken down two while you both were bickering," Lance boasted, shooting at another fighter. "That's three. Eat my dust."

"Oh yeah? I'm on five," Violet shot back.

"That's six for me," Keith said. "I'm winning."

"Not for long!" Lance cut off the red paladin, obliterating a fighter before he could get to it.

"I'm on eight," Violet informed them, smirking. "Just try to keep up, boys. I'd like to have to actually try here."

Coran interrupted, "We're still not far away enough! If we wormhole now, Zarkon can just follow us through!"

"Time for plan B, then," said Shiro.

"Plan B? Shouldn't this be, like, plan M?" Violet pointed out.

Lance's eyebrows shot up. "Is there a plan Z?"

"Yes," said Shiro, "But you die in plan Z."

Keith smirked. "I like plan Z."

Allura's eyes widened. "I know what to do!" She added a strong burst of speed to the castle's thrusters.

"Princess? What's happening?" Pidge cried as she was jolted from her seat.

"I'm going to use this moon to our advantage," Allura replied, bringing the castle closer to said moon. "The gravity generated by it will draw us away from Zarkon." Lance, Keith and Violet paused as they cleared the fighter's range.

With a jerk that had everyone half-falling from their seats, the castle was sucked towrads the moon - and away from the Galra. "We're far enough away!" Coran shouted. Allura gritted her teeth, opening the wormhole and flying the castle through it.

As the castle flew through the wormhole, though, it started to die out. "How come there are still alarms sounding?" asked Lance. "They're starting to hurt my ears."