Chapter 13

Quick heads-up, this chapter is extra long - I switched from Violet's POV to Keith's a couple times. Does anyone know if Keith's father had a name? It feels kinda weird that Keith never says it. Anyway, hope you like it! Feel free to comment below.

Based on the coordinates Ulaz gave the team, they set off for the Blade of Marmora base. Kaltenecker was officially part of the family, gaining her own stall in a room at the castle with plenty of grass and water.

"What's our ETA to the Blade of Marmora's base, Coran?" asked Shiro.

"A few doboshes," Violet answered. "Am I right?"

"Yes. Doboshes are equal to earthen minutes."

Violet smirked, leaning back in her chair. "Obviously. I wasn't born yester-quintant."

Allura turned away from where she was operating the ship, and Violet's shoulders slumped an inch. Out of all the group, the princess still hadn't come to terms with Violet's assassin days. Her and Keith, of course.

"I'm so excited to see what it's like," Pidge fangirled. "They altered space in just an outpost - imagine what the real thing is going to be!"

Violet stopped. "Wait. What?"

"Oh yeah, you weren't there!" Lance grinned. "It was awesome. The castle flew into this field of magic rocks, and then boom, alternate space hole! And then we got to fight the monster thing!"

"And then Ulaz died," Keith muttered. Violet flashed him a look that he pretended not to see.

"Yeah, I guess, but their base is going to be awesome!" Pidge exclaimed.

Hunk said, "Pretty awesome, I say. Maybe it'll take the shape of a space cake. Or maybe it'll be round, like a space almond kringle. Or a space brownie with chocolate shavings on top. Mm. Or, as Violet would say, that's the stars."

Violet rolled her eyes. "'That's the stars' isn't even right," she muttered. "It's 'by the stars.'"

"Fine," Hunk said. "By the stars, space brownies are good."

She sighed. "You ruined it."

"People, we need to be serious," Keith snapped. "This isn't a mission where we can goof off."

"Keith's right," Shiro added. "We're coming up on the base now. Coran, guide us in."

"That might be a tad difficult," Coran said, pulling up a screen. Everyone gasped at the sight - the base was made of some kind of double black hole that sucked in everything around it.

"A black hole," said Lance. "Aw, man. How are we supposed to get in there?"

"Actually, it's two black holes," Coran corrected. "And a white star. Which means that going through will result in most of us either freezing to death or getting burnt alive."

Violet frowned. "Coran, you're not helping."

"So ... it's like when you're trying to reheat a frozen taco for dinner, but you don't put it in long enough and the inside stays cold while the outside is all hot?" Hunk said.

"Aw, now I'm craving burritos!" Lance complained.

Keith pinched the bridge of his nose. "Please stop talking. Coran, I'm going off on a limb here and guessing to get to the base, we're going to have to fly through that black hole/white star thing?"

Coran nodded.

Violet whistled in appreciation. "As hard as it'll be to get to, it's a pretty good place for a hideout."