Chapter 9

"Paladins," ordered Keith, "Report status."

"I'm offline," Lance grunted, attempting to move his lion.

The blast Honerva had created had knocked them all out. Violet got to her feet from where Lin had thrown her across the room and gathered her power. With a flash, she teleported into the black lion, causing Keith to jump. "You'll have to get back on," she said, coming up to stand beside him. "Our universe is collapsing - just like the day we lost the Castle of Lions. Honerva is causing the very fabric of reality to disintegrate."

"Gee, no pressure," muttered Lance. "Vi, can you repower the lions with your magic? Red's still not responding to me."

Violet shook her head. "I'm saving my power - I'll need it soon."

"The Atlas's energy levels are down as well," reported Coran. "The Erythians drained almost all of our energy. They're ... not looking too good."

"Hey, my lion's back on!" Hunk said excitedly. "Just in time, too."

The black lion hummed with power, lighting up, and Keith grabbed his controls. "Good. We're going in."

"Can we help?" Galra cruisers popped into view, led by none other than Krolia and Kolivan. "We brought some allies. I hope it's not too late."

"There are innocent Erythians down there," said Violet. "If Erythia Fades, they'll just be floating in space - or they'll turn to dust, too. We have to sustain it. Erythia is the only thing holding the rift open. Once it's gone, there'll be nothing to stop the rift from tearing the universe apart."

"Coran, work on stabilizing it," Shiro commanded. "The Atlas will fend off the robeasts and stop them from creating any further damage. Krolia, get your team down to the planet and pick up as many Erythians as you can. They'll be hesitant to get on a Galra ship, but you must if you want to save them. Voltron, we won't be able to follow you into the rift. You'll be facing Honerva alone."

"They won't be alone," Violet said grimly. "They'll have me."

The black lion flew into position. "Then let's go," ordered Keith. "Paladins, form Voltron!"

The lions merged together, and, as one, shot into the rift after Honerva.

-

Voltron appeared before a planet bursting with blue light. Allura's sharp intake of breath could be heard over her headset. "It's..."

"It's an alternate Altea," Pidge filled in. "And it's disintegrating, just like our world."

Violet peered at the darkness creeping onto the planet. Hunk asked, "How come it's disintegrating so quickly?"

"Those wings created a sort of cosmic tunnel in one blast - the rift must lead directly to the reality Honerva's been looking for," replied Pidge, focusing their attention on the hole in the sky.

"And any reality that those wings port through is falling apart," Violet finished. "All these innocent lives, gone in the blink of an eye."

Voltron shot forward at Keith's command. "We have to keep going!"

They flew through the portal and straight into the collision course of a ball of energy. Voltron was knocked back as Honerva's mech reared up for another blast of power.

Keith shoved forward at the last second, and the ball of magic swiveled around. An idea sparked in Violet's mind, and she yelled, "Keith, baseball!"

Thankfully, he got what she was saying. "Form sword!" The red and green lions clashed together, forming Voltron's sword, and as the ball swung towards them, the sword knocked it away. Violet almost grinned. "Home run!"