Chapter 1

After a while, things went wrong. Honestly, they'd all expected it. Violet was surprised it had taken this long. Coran wouldn't shut up about the Altean alphabet, Romelle was touching every single thing in the cockpit, the wolf was restless, Kaltenecker's moos could be heard from the back of the black lion, and there were way too many people in Blacky. "Remind me why we thought Krolia, Shiro, Coran, Kaltenecker and I would be perfect together in a tightly confined space," Violet grumbled to Keith over Coran's reciting of the Altean alphabet. "Seriously. Who decided this?"

"Lance," Keith replied. "Why did we listen to him again?"

"Hey, don't blame me," Lance complained. "I may have made a tiny mistake in choosing passen - Romelle, no! Don't touch that!"

"Lance is right, everyone," said Violet. "We shouldn't blame him now."

"Aw, thanks, Vi."

"We should blame him later. Right now we need to switch passengers, because if I hear one more capital variation of the Altean vowels, I'm going to strangle Coran."

Lance slumped. "Fine."

"Wait, why hasn't Pidge been complaining like the rest of us?" Hunk asked. 

"Who does she have?" asked Violet. "Doesn't she - no, they're with us, and the wolf is with Allura ... if Romelle has Lance and Hunk took the mice, then Pidge's all alone?"

"Not alone," Pidge spoke up. "I have the video game console."

"That's it. Pidge, you can have Coran," said Violet.

"And Romelle," Hunk added.

"And Kosmo," said Allura.

"Come on, guys ... let's think about this ..." Pidge pleaded, but soon she ended up with all the passengers.

"Pidge, it's my turn to play the game now," Coran whined.

"But I'm in the middle of a battle," Romelle replied. "It's still my turn."

"Pidge, tell Romelle to give me the controller. I called it first."

Kosmo shoved his nose into Pidge's face. "Okay, no," she announced. "No thank you. Not dealing with this. Not today."

The paladins switched a second time. "Is everyone happy now?" Keith asked.

"Kosmo, Lance and I are ready," Violet reported from the red lion.

"Kaltenecker is no longer mooing," Hunk added.

"Coran and the mice are ready as well," Allura said.

"We are also good," Romelle said from the green lion.

"Shiro, Krolia, are you all ready?" asked Keith. They nodded. "Good. Then let's go."

-

After a while of flying in utter boredom, a Galra cruiser came into the radar. With the lion's energy depleted, they couldn't run away or form Voltron. The cruiser deployed fighters with advanced technology that cornered the lions on a desolate frozen planet. The five lions escaped into the tunnels on the planet, but the fighters still pursued them.

They emerged from the tunnel to a beam of energy that caught them. Violet cried out as the force knocked all five lions to the ground and held them there. Only Kosmo seemed unaffected by the energy. He nudged Violet worriedly and her knees buckled, giving out.

"Go," she managed to gasp out at him. "Hide somewhere until this blows over."

Kosmo vanished. The energy force worsened, and everything went black.