Chapter 6

Everyone sat around the conference table, trying to figure out how to proceed. Everything was happening too fast. Violet had gotten her sister back, but Veronica was different. She'd cut her hair, and there was a steel in her eyes that hadn't been there before. They looked too much like Violet's now.

She'd gotten her sister back - only to realize she'd lost her father.

Kieran Idalia. He was working in the labor camps, alone. Violet needed to find him. It was time she and her father had a little chat. One that had been held off far too long.

"The ideal course of action is to attack each sector in the camp all at once so they have no time to respond," said Keith.

"It could work if we had the lions," said Violet. "One lion for each sector and the MFE Fighters for the last one."

"The Voltron lions are on Saturn!" Sanda snapped. "We can't bring them down to fight. It's impossible."

Violet stood. "Admiral, the paladin's bond with their lions is stronger than anything I've ever seen. We were chosen to do the impossible. I have died. Most people would think that 'impossible.' I consider it a hobby." She looked down her nose at the woman. "So, ma'am, I highly suggest you do not tell me what is and what isn't possible and let us do what we've been trained to do."

Sanda spluttered in rage as Violet sat down. "Vi is right," Shiro said. "You're bonded with your lions. Your connection to Voltron will allow you to reach out." 

Hunk asked dubiously, "How are you so sure our lions will hear us?"

"Because you're the five," Violet replied. "The Voltron paladins. You all know of my connection to the lions. Even now I can feel them. Though I guess it's because of my Erythian sixth sense." Her grin widened. "It's definitely faint, but I might be able to help you draw them in. The real work, though, will be up to you."

"Surprise is our best advantage," Pidge added. "If we want to catch Sendak off gaurd, we can't let him see the lions until the last second. We'll have to call them down once we're at the base."

"What?" Hunk protested. "What if there's some kind of intereference from Earth to Saturn? What if our lions don't come to us? What if they're fine having a few days off?"

"Voltron will come," Violet said firmly. "And when each paladin has their lion, we'll target and take down all six parts of the sextuple Zaiforge. Then we take down Sendak for good."

"My pilots can transport the paladins to the center point of the labor camp," offered Griffin. "From there, you can call the lions to your respective sectors."

"Wait," said Violet, and everyone's attention moved to her. "The most I can do to help this fight is call the lions from Saturn, and I doubt you'll all need my help for that." She drew in a long breath. "So while the lions are attacking the Zaiforge, I'm going to sneak into the labor camp and rescue my father."

Noise exploded in the room. Shiro was saying that it was too dangerous; Admiral Sanda was shouting, "Absolutely not!" and the rest of the room was agreeing with her.

She felt a hand on her shoulder - Veronica. "Violet's going to do it," she announced over the clamoring, quieting everyone down. "Because it will provide the distraction needed for Griffin's team to fly in the paladins. They won't be able to get close enough otherwise."

"There's no way for Vi to get into the base," Hunk pointed out. "It's too dangerous."

"No, it's not," Veronica replied. "Because I'll be going with her."

"What?" Violet yelped, turning on her sister. "You can't!"

"The sector our father is held in is the closest to the base - we can take a hover car," Veronica said, her gaze fierce. "I know how to drive one of them - you don't. I know how to navigate the terrain - you don't. I know how to sneak into the camp - you don't. I've been preparing for this for a month. You won't be able to do it alone." Quieter, she added, "I want to save him too, Violet. I'm not the little sister you need to protect anymore."