Trauma

"Bakubro, are you okay?" "I- fi- shi-y hair." His voice kept breaking. "That sounded painful." Todoroki said. "SHUT UP ICYHOT!" Bakugou yelled. Immediately he started another coughing fit. There was no blood this time. Deku sat next to him and put his hand on Bakugou's back. Bakugou grabbed it to get it off. But when he looked at Izuku, he just stopped. He let go of Deku's hand and looked back down with sad eyes. "This re- sucks." "Kacchan?" Tears started streaming down Bakugou's face. "Bakugou!?" Kirishima shouted. "I'm s- damn weak. A litt- cold and I'm in-pacitated for days." Todoroki spoke up. "That's not just a little cold. Mr Aizawa even talked about taking you to the hospital last night. If I didn't have an ice quirk, that's where you'd probably be." "If I wasn't at the dorms, I'd be o-er this alr-dy." "No you wouldn't Kacchan." Deku said. "How would being at home help anything? Is it more comfortable or something?" Kirishima asked. "It wou- not he-lp. Th-t's the point." Todoroki and Kirishima looked at him funny. "Kacchan that wasn't good for you." "It m-de me tough." "It made you close yourself off." "What are we talking about here?" Kirishima asked. "Auntie was a little strict on him, that's all." "He wasn't allowed to be sick?" As the conversation continued, Todoroki and Bakugou starred at each other. When the conversation stopped, Todoroki was the first one to speak up. He showed a little more emotion than normal. "So you know what it's like. To not be allowed to do anything but work. To never get breaks. You only get punished for your weakness and never rewarded for your success." Bakugou shoved Todoroki away. Everyone looked at Bakugou. He finally broke the silence. "Do you remember the camp?" Everyone nodded. "When I got back, my mom yelled at me for being too weak." "That's why I don't say anything. It isn't his fault. People don't have problems for no reason. When I'm around, I want him to feel safe to express his emotions as much as possible. The little bit he knows how to, at least. That's the only reason we fight. I don't care what he does to me. But I'm the only person that he feels is lower than him. I at least want him to feel good about that. He feels like he's the worst, so he overcompensates so that others think he's the best." "Th-re y- g- -cting like a damn her- -gain. I c-n't even compete with you, now."