"I'm proud of you."

As he walked by the kitchen, Bakugou jolted up. He caught Deku before he fell to the floor. But he couldn't get him back onto the couch. Aizawa went over to help. Once they got Deku back onto Bakugou, Aizawa sat down at the foot of the couch. "Why are you up?" "None of your damn business." Aizawa took a deep breath. "I'm proud of you, you know." Bakugou's voice cracked. "What?" "You have better control over your quirk. But more importantly, you have better control of your emotions. Even if this was an accident, you would have immediately pushed Midoryia off of you. But now, you are more concerned about his comfort and stopping him from falling off of the couch." "That doesn't mean anything." Deku started to stir, again. Bakugou glared at Aizawa as he got up and put Deku on the couch. He walk over to the kitchen. "If you want to talk, do it over here." Aizawa followed Bakugou into the kitchen. Bakugou was starring at Aizawa. He looked sad, like he wanted to say something to him. "Is something wrong, problem child?" "No, I just....." He paused. "It's just weird. No one but Deku ever supports me unconditionally like this without it being power-based. But now I have people that see me as more than a power-hungry asshole and even teachers that..... that say things like 'I'm proud of you.' Now I realize how much of an ass I've been. I'm such an idiot." "We are a lot alike. No one expects anything from us until we prove them wrong. We feel like we are the worst so we make other people think we are the best. We're just messes, kid. But you finally have the support system you need. Don't expect yourself to change overnight, but you are making progress. Never forget that. And as for Midoryia, don't forget he's a formidable rival for you. No matter how good of friends you get or how much you hate each other, respect each other outside of your personal life. After all, I wouldn't be surprised if you two are the next top heroes." Aizawa paused. "Now then, I'm going to bed. Go back to your cuddle buddy or whatever."