05

Lifting the glass to my lips, the cold liquid ran down my throat and I closed my eyes as it left a small burning feeling

The memories of Chin screaming flashed through my head and I opened my eyes. Grabbing the bottle of whiskey I poured more into the glass.

After we got back I was feeling drained so I went to bed but woke up 1 a.m. I haven't been able to fall asleep ever since. Which leaves me here drinking my problems away in the dark kitchen at 1:30

I heard footsteps behind me and I reached for my gun that was laying on the counter. Getting up I pointed my gun at the person before the lights turned on revealing Leo.

He looked at me from head to toe before walking into the room. He was now wearing a full black tuxedo.

Doesn't this guy sleep?

"Why are you up?" he asked while walking towards the fridge.

"Why do you care?" I asked as I took a seat back on the stool.

"I don't?" he said and I ignored him.

"Well anyway I think it's a good thing you're up," he said and I raised a questioning eyebrow at him.

He then throw an envelope towards me.

"What's this?" I asked and he ignored my question.

Picking up the envelope I opened it, inside were black and white photos. I looked up at him and he nod towards the envelope as a sign of telling me to go on.

I took the photos out and the first photo greeted me.

"Who is this?" I asked while placing the photos down as I stared at him in disgust,

"Your father, well biological father to be exact" he said and I looked down at the scattered photos on the counter.

The man was unrecognizable due to the cuts and burns on his skin. Telling from the photos he was tortured badly.

"I married you for two reasons. One was because my uncle wanted me to protect you from your psycho ass brother and two was to save my ass from surrending to your mafia,"

"Again, I don't need protection from you or anyone else and two surrending to them doesn't sound like a bad idea. I mean it would solve all our problems," I said and he rolled his eyes.

"You were a tuxedo everyday so you're basically always dressed to be put in a coffin," I said and he folded his arms while glaring at me.

I gave him an innocent smile and he looked at his watch then started walking to the door. He left without a word and I finished the bottle. Getting up I grabbed the photos off the counter and threw them into the bin.

I went back to bed and this time I was able to fall asleep peacefully.

••••••

I was woken up by the buzzing of my phone.