Chapter 4

While the others chatted I decided to read a book.
-I'm going for a ride around town, I'm going to Starbucks, does anyone want to come?- Peter asked.
-y/n why don't you go with him?- Dad asked me.
-What?-I looked up, confused.
-I won't repeat it again, you'd better catch the ball.- he smiled at me -Is Spiderboy okay with it? -
-Of course Mr. Stark, it would be a pleasure.-
I greeted everyone quickly and I walked out of the tower with a smile on my face.
-It's the first time I go out without bodyguards.- I said looking around excitedly.
All the way Peter pointed out the various shops and tried to teach me the main streets.
-Can I ask you a question?- he asked me, stopping and sitting on a bench.
-Shoot.- I smiled sitting down and sipping a frappuccino.
-How is it to have no contact with others? You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to.- He said.
-Don't worry, it's normal for me. I have never given too much weight to this, it was only recently that I began to feel the need to have friends and to talk to someone other than Jarvis. Don't get me wrong Jarvis is fantastic, I consider him as a brother, but relationships with humans are...how to say...different, that's it.-
-Well I'm your friend now and the Avengers are too.- he smiled at me.
-Loki too?- I asked, giggling.
-Well, more or less. The fact that he didn't deceive you says a lot.- He said.
-Anyway thanks Peter, really.- I smiled at him.
-You're welcome, but now we'd better go back to the tower, before your father kicks me out.- he smiled as he stood up.
-Yes, let's go.- and we set off.
Arrived at the base we went back to the others, I noticed that Loki was also intent on reading a book of dark leather.
-Here you are, I was beginning to worry.- Dad said.
-I didn't think you were so overprotective, Tony.- Steve joked.
-Ah. Ah. Ah. Very witty Cap.- he replied -Anyway honey I called my mom first and we decided to...send you to school, you start on Monday.-
-A...are you serious?- I said incredulously.
-I've never been more serious than that.- He smiled.
-But the whole question of my safety?- I asked, confused.
-First of all you won't be alone, there will be Spiderboy, and second thing you will start training with us.- he explained.
-I don't really know what to say.- I said hugging him.
-I think a "thank you dad, you're the best in the world" would be enough.- he joked -It's also thanks to Romanoff, she convinced us.-
-Thank you very much Nat, really.- I smiled at her.
-You're welcome, girl.- She returned.
-So...when do we start training?- I asked impatiently.
-From tomorrow. Soon we will have dinner.- Dad said, patting me on the shoulder.
After dinner I went to my room, sat on the bed to continue reading.
After I don't know how long, I heard someone knock on the door.
Natasha.
-Hey, y/n. Can I come in?-
-Hey Nat, of course.-
-Are you ok?  After dinner we didn't see you anymore, and Loki pointed out that you weren't back yet, and we got worried.-
-I'm fine, really. I just needed to be alone for a while to recharge the batteries. You know I'm not used to being with people and I get tired a lot.- I smiled, closed the book and got up.
-Okay, let's see a movie?- She asked.
-I would love to.- I said and then followed her and we went back to the others.
-Here they are.- Bruce said -Movie?-
-Why not?- Steve said.
-Which one? - Peter asked, sitting on the sofa.
-Titanic?- Nat asked, sitting down next to Bruce.
-What are you talking about?- Steve asked.
-It's a romantic drama.- Dad intervened.
-I have never seen it.- I said sitting on a pouf, between Loki and Thor.
-How? Everyone saw it.- Natasha said.
-I've never seen it either.- Loki said, taking his eyes off the book and looking at me, I smiled at him and he looked away.
-Same thing as the two of them.- Thor agreed, patting me on my arm.
-Well now you will watch it.- smiled satisfied -Jarvis, play Titanic.-
-Immediately Miss Romanoff.- answered the computer and we started watching this movie.
At the end of the film, Natasha and I were in tears.
-Here you go.- Peter said, handing me a handkerchief.
-Tha...thanks Peter .- I said, drying my tears.
-Now you should all go to sleep, tomorrow the training begins.- Dad said, placing a hand on my shoulder.
-I think you're right.- I said getting up -Goodnight everyone.-
-Goodnight see you tomorrow girl.- Nat greeted me.
-Goodnight see you tomorrow.- Peter greeted me.
-See you tomorrow, mortal, goodnight.- Thor greeted me.
-Goodnight little Stark.- Bruce greeted me.
-Night.- Loki only said.
Then dad accompanied me to the bedroom floor.
-This is my room, for any problem enter quietly, okay?- He said, hugging me.
-Okay, dad, thanks.- I said returning the hug.
-I missed you so much, my little one...-
-I missed you too, very much.- I smiled, then he broke away and smiled at me.
-Now go to sleep. See you tomorrow, goodnight.-
-Night dad, see you tomorrow.- I said and then went into my room, I changed quickly then went to sleep.
When I opened my eyes I noticed I was in New York but there was rubble everywhere.
I was looking for the Avengers but I saw with horror that they were all on the ground, lifeless.
-Steve! Steve! Wake up.- I said shaking him, seeing that he didn't wake up I passed to Natasha -Nat, please, open your eyes, please.- then I went to Thor -You are the god of thunder, please Thor!- then I saw the body of dad, I collapsed on him and started beating my fists on the chest -You can't leave me like this, dad, you can't! Open your eyes...please...- I said crying.
-Come out of there now!- I felt an arm pull me and suddenly felt an explosion, instinctively closed my eyes and leaned my face to the chest of my savior, when I looked up my eyes met those ice eyes of Loki.