Chapter 30

Months passed and everything seemed to be going well.
I was learning how to use armor, even if they still didn't let me go on a mission with them.
At school everything was fine and my relationship with Loki was perfect, or so it seemed to me.
One morning I woke up and noticed that Loki wasn't there with me.
"He must have gone for breakfast." I thought getting up and not giving it weight.
I passed in front of the desk and found a letter, on the envelope that said "For y/n, from Loki".
I tore the envelope and began to read it.
"Hey darling,
or maybe I should just call you y/n.
I don't know either.
I am writing this letter to tell you that in the last few weeks I have been thinking a lot about our relationship and I have understood that it cannot go on.
I love you, you must never, ever question this, but we can't go on like this.
We are too different.
Also being with me would only bring you more pain and sadness.
I have already hurt you in the past and I don't want to do it anymore.
So it's best to end it here.
Excuse me if I don't have the courage to tell you these things face to face, but I already know that if I had tried I would have failed, because you are my weak point.
I decided to go back to Asgard since Odin gave me the chance.
Also tell Thor not to come looking for me because I won't talk to him or anyone else.
I hope, indeed I am sure, that you will be able to find someone who loves you and who can give you more than what I can give you.
But I don't think I'll be able to find someone else like you.
I don't want to steal any more time from you so I'll end this letter here.
Maybe someday I'll come back to Midgard and we'll meet again.
And remember that I always want to see you happy, I don't want to see you cry.
Goodbye.
Yours and yours only Loki."
I read the letter several times to be sure of what I had read.
I began to cry and scream, falling to my knees.
I heard footsteps and the door opened. -What happened? Why are you crying?- Peter asked as he entered and crouched next to me.
-Loki...- I whispered, handing him the letter.
A few seconds later the others were also at my bedroom door.
Dad came up to me and hugged me while I hid my face in the hollow of his neck.
-Honey, don't cry, come on.- he said, rubbing his hand on my back.
-Why...he's gone?- I asked Thor between sobs.
-It's very strange...it's not like him, especially if he introduced you to our mother.- he said reading the letter, while we were sitting on the sofa.
-Maybe it's a joke.- Nat said.
-No, Loki is not one who plays this kind of joke.- she said getting up.
-I want to be alone for a while...- I said getting up.
-But you haven't even had breakfast.- Steve said.
-I'm not hungry now...- I said going to my room and closing the door behind me, then I leaned on my back and let myself slide on the floor.
I brought my knees to my chest and began to cry.
-Why Loki?- I asked -Why?- I asked, looking at the ring -You said that...you wanted me...to see happy...but I can't...I can't be happy if you're not here...-
I don't know where I found the strength to get up and get to bed, continuing to cry silently.
After a while, between headache, tears and sadness, I fell asleep.
A couple of days passed and I still hadn't left my room.
-y/n, honey, you haven't eaten for two days...- I heard dad's voice from the other side of the door -We are all worried about you.-
-I'm fine...-
-Please come and have something to eat. Then we could take a ride in the armor. What do you say?-
-I do not want...-
-Please...- he said but I didn't answer and heard footsteps go away.
After about ten minutes he heard a knock on the door.
-Hey little mortal...- it was Thor -He wouldn't like this. You know, don't you?- he said -He would have liked you to smile and go on with your life.-
-If he cared about me he wouldn't go away...- I replied.
-You also know that this is not the case and that he really loved you.-
-So why did he go away?- I said -That's what I don't understand.- I said getting up.
-Please come out. We are all worried about you.- he said.
-Okay...- I said going to the door and lowering the handle.
When he saw me he hugged me.
-It's alright.- he said.
-I know...- I said in return, then we went to the others.
After I ate something, I went to take a shower.
As soon as I finished washing and changing, I put on a sweater, jeans and Vans, went with Dad to fly around town, then he took me to eat donuts sitting on the giant plastic donut on the roof.
Suddenly Jarvis alerted us of an incoming call.
-Mr Stark, Miss Stark, Thor is calling you.-
-Yes, Thor?- answered dad.
-Hey Stark Senior and Stark Junior. My mother is here and she says she has news...news about Loki.- he informed us, at that moment I was chewing and I almost choked, starting to cough.
-Give us two minutes and we're with you.- Dad replied.
-Do you think he's in danger?- I asked while we were flying back to the tower.
-No, he's a tough guy. He knows how to get by even in difficult situations.- he said.
After a while we were at the tower and rushed in.
-Frigga...- I said seeing her.
-y/n dear...- she said smiling sadly at me.
-What happened?- I asked, sitting down.