Suspicions

Sirius was walking down the halls of Hogwarts with his friends by his side on their way to the great hall. But something about today seemed to be a little off.

As he walked down the hall he saw people staring and whispering at him. He would have been flattened if it weren't for the fact that the whole school seemed to be looking at him weird.

"Is it just me or does everyone in the school seem to have a crush on Sirius all of a sudden" James said smirking.

"How do you mean?" Peter asked

"Yeah?" Remus said

"Well as we were walking down the hall everyone couldn't seem to take their eyes off of Sirius. They pointed, staring and whispering" James counted it off on his fingers.

"Well people are always staring at me, after all I am a Black" Sirius said eating his food

"Well this seems a little different, plus practically the whole great hall looked at you when you walked in" James said.

"What did you do this time?" Remus asked

"Nothing I swear" Sirius said in his defense

Remus gave him a look

"I'm serious Remus, no pun intended" Sirius said, putting his hands up.

Remus, James and Peter could all tell when he was lying, but he wasn't.

"So then what's going on?" Peter asked

"Honestly I have no idea, people haven't stared at me like this scene the first few weeks of first year. And also when Regulus showed up, but other than that I have no idea what I did."

"I'll ask around and see what I can find about what's going on later" Remus said
——————————————————————

Remus was in the library later that day sitting at a table with Sirius. Remus was reading a book while Sirius was finishing some of his "homework". More like occasionally looking at Remus while he attempts to do his homework.

Sirius was having a hard time focusing; he couldn't figure out why people kept staring at him and whispering.

"Is everything ok, Sirius?" Remus asked.

"Yeah everything's fine, why?"

"Well you keep looking at me"

"Why can't I just look at your wonderful face," Dirius said, smiling.

"Sirius" Remus chuckled rolling his eyes

"Are you sure you are alright?" Remus asked, concerned.

"Yes I'm fine, don't worry Moony" Sirius put his hand on Remus, cheek looking at him fondly.

"Ok Sirius, just know you can tell me anything" Remus said going back to his book.

Sirius looked back down at his homework and continued to work on it.
——
There was a group of people behind Remus between the bookshelves. They were talking a little above a whisper and Remus could hear their conversation.

But didn't really pay attention until he heard Sirius' name being brought up in the conversation.

He looked over to Sirius and he seemed to have not noticed.

He looked back down at his book and listened to the conversation.

"That's Sirius Black sitting at that table right there" one of them said.

"Did you hear about his brother?"

Remus was surprised to hear regulus regulus' name being brought up.