Seeking anwsers

Harry's school year did not have the start that he expected, after getting his face kicked in he learned that his year wasn't going to get any better.

Snape was appointed the new DADA teacher and that he would also have to take advanced potions. Which he had no intention of taking this year.

But to Harry's surprise, he came across an advanced potion making book that had all the answers and more in it.

Harrys DADA classes weren't going as well as his other classes though. With almost every question Harry had or did something slightly wrong Snape always seemed to be on his back.

Harry was still being closed off to his friends and not spending as much time with them.
--------------------------------------------------------------
-Week 3 at school

"I'm worried about Harry," Hermione told Ron as they were at a table at the library.

"What are you on about Hermione," Ron said flipping through a book aimlessly.

"Don't play dumb with me Ronald, I know you see it too" Hermione scolded.

Ron looked over at Harry who was looking at the shelves trying to find a book.

"The whole summer he's been really closed off and the second we get to Hogwarts he walks into the great hall late and with blood on his face." She whispered.

Ron was still silent.

"And this whole week in all of his free time he's been in the library looking for some book for who knows what reason"

Ron looked back at Hermione "I don't know Hermione" Ron sighed rubbing his head. "He spends almost every night reading that stupid book he found in potions class, he practically attached to it."

"He does always seem tired so I guess that would explain why he's always tired or late to breakfast, But why is he so-" Hermione cut off as Harry started heading their way.

Harry had two books in his hand and put them in his bag as he got back to the table. Hermione got a glimpse of the book on the top it said "Mystical Artifacts Of The Unknown" and she could only help but wonder what it was for.

"Are you ready to go to dinner Harry?" Hermione asked as she and Ron started getting up.

"Sure"
--------------------------------------------------------------

That night Harry snuck out of the dorm under his invisibility cloak with the marauder's map in his hand. He made sure no one was in the library or around him by looking on the map, he shoved it in his back pocket.

Harry walked into the library and walked back to the restricted section, it was locked. He knew a spell wouldn't work on it so he dug into his pocket and pulled out the knife that Sirius gave to him before he was gone.

He got into the restricted section and took off his cloak.
Harry took out his wand "Lumos"

He started looking up and down the rows of books trying to find something relatively close to what he was looking for. But it's not like he knew what he's was looking for though.

Harry was trying to find answers.
----------------------------------------------------------

Harry had pulled out one of the books and was flipping through a book, he stopped at a page with a familiar looking archway on it.

He brought the light closer to the book and started to read it when he heard movement on the next few rows over from him.

Harry closed the book and grabbed his cloak. He thought that it could be filtch.

He threw the cloak over him and walked towards the noise of the movement.

As Harry approached the source of the sound saw that there was someone also searching for a book.

They had their wand lit up on the table and pulled out a book from the shelf. They put it on the table and flipped it to a page.

Harry couldn't see who it was so he decided to move closer to get a better look.

As he approached he saw that it was Draco, he slowly moved closer so that he could get a better look at what exactly Draco was looking at. Harry had a feeling that it might have to do with Voldemort or dark magic, somewhere along those lines.

Harry approached the table when Draco had gone off to find another book. He looks to see what Draco was reading. It was something about placing a curse on an object. He started to read it.

Harry was so caught up in reading the book that he did not realize Draco was coming back his way. Soon enough Draco crashed into Harry who was under the invisibility cloak, Harrys book feel out of his hand and hit the ground with a hard thud.

Harry tried picking it up but Draco beat him to it and then the next thing he knew his cloak was being pulled off of him. Draco had yanked it off and disarmed him, he pushed Harry against the wall with his wand to his throat.

"What are you doing he Potter," Draco said

"I could ask you the same Malfoy"

"I warned you about what would happen if I found you following me again" Draco threatened

"I wasn't following you Malfoy," Harry said angrily

Harry felt so stupid that he put himself in this situation, he should have just taken the book and left.

"Then tell me" Draco narrowed his eyes

"It's none of your business"

"I suppose it wouldn't have anything to do with this book, would it" Draco flipped the book over in his hands to read the cover.

"Harry looked down at the book "Give it back Malfoy" Harry moved to reach for it but Draco only put his wand closer to his neck.

"Now what could the chosen one be doing with a book like this?" Draco let out a chuckle "Artifacts of the dark arts"

"You aren't-" Draco started but there was a noise and Draco turned his head, Harry quickly reached for his wand and picked up his cloak. They could hear footsteps now Harry quickly threw on his cloak and ran the other way.

Draco took off too with both books in his hand retreating down another aisle.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Harry only realized that he did not have the book when he was back safely in his dorm. How was he going to get it back from Malfoy, this could have the answers he needs.
——————————————————————

Thanks for reading
Hoped y'all enjoyed
Please comment and vote 👍👍👌