06

A/n: happy 2k+ reads💞

"HAAA...." Curtin sighed as he slumps onto the sofa like a balloon losing its air. 

He seemed to have some misfunction in his transformation—and now he doesn't have balls, I mean neutered cat. Curtin muttered some curses as he had a hopeless look on his face. 

"Come on Curtin, it's not like it's the end of the world if you turned like that," Suzuya tried to reassure him but he just frowned even more. Her reassurance seems like a mockery to him.

Because of Curtin's pride, he was too impatient to turn into a cat. And he did end up to be one— just malnourished and neutered. 

Curtin rolled his eyes, "Am I supposed to feel motivated?! Why don't you turn me back since I know you could do it!" he pointed at her.

She shook her head, "I can't." 

And the white cat snorted, "I can't? Or you just don't want to?"

She smiled innocently, "Uhm, both?"

Curtin sat beside her while his eyes started to close. Maybe it's because he's starting to develop some cat habits but he felt drowsy. 

Until his head leaned on Suzuya's hand and felt the cold metal. "GAHGH?!" he flinched.

He rises and saw that it was the ring that touched his fur. "You still wear that?" He pointed at the ring.

"Of course," her voice laced with pride.

Suzuya always took care of everything that Kayden gave her, from clothes, weapons, animals, and even techniques. She kept everything written in her mind.

"Damn lucky," he muttered.

"What was that?"

"Suzuya, why do you like Kayden?" He asked out of nowhere.

The woman raised her eyebrows at the white cat, "You're not usually this curious type, but... hmmm... I don't know? It just happened out of nowhere." 

"When we first bonded, it was the first time I wanted to make someone permanent in my life," she said with a smiling face. 

"You didn't get along with him when the two of you first met y'know. That's weird."

Suzuya sighed, "Kayden is just too charming that even his enemies are enraptured by his charm."

Unlike before, Curtin didn't feel the cringe that he used to feel back in the days. Since he was a witness to their love story. At first, he thought it was a one-sided love, but Kayden somehow started to develop feelings for her.