A NEW CHAPTER

note: This is a spin-off and out of the flow of events here in this story. Just consider this as a gift for everyone as the year 2022 is ending! It has been a great fight my dearest Fighters!

 Just consider this as a gift for everyone as the year 2022 is ending! It has been a great fight my dearest Fighters!

"Now why don't you try to explain to me why we're at Japan Suzuya," Kayden asked impatiently with an annoying smile on his face. "You keep dragging me around by warping door-to-door! I'm getting dizzy!"

"But isn't it fun?!!!" Suzuya was thrilled as she dragged her husband through the crowd of people. They were wearing festival outfits as Suzuya kept on eating and eating some mochis and omu-rice. She insisted on wearing a kimono from some anime that she watched about a guy who died because he was an idiot for trying to help a kid being clumsy and almost fell face-first in return for his life. 

Honestly, drama has the dumbest plots but you can't blame them since it's 'drama' and it needs to be emotional. 

"Ah! This was where that fucker killed Gin!" Suzuya stomped angrily while pointing at a spot.

Kayden nonchalantly stood there while eating, "So what's the reason you brought me here? We've been crossing so many countries that would've taken days."

"Well..." She fidgetted and looked around, a sign of being nervous. 

He grabbed her hands to stop her habits, "No need to be nervous, it's just me. Now spill." 

"Well... my friends had a gathering here, we had a tradition of meeting at the end of the year at the place where the cycle stopped. And it was Japan.. soooo... they were bringing their husbands..."

"I know I never got your permission. And if I were a normal citizen, I would be in jail right now since I'm guilty of forcing you into this marriage." Suzuya looked down guiltily. 

"I've always dreamed of being married normally and building a family through a loving process. But I supposed being a Kertia is not a good first step huh." She held her arms as an unconscious sign of being hurt or insecure. 

He flatted his pam on her forehead to remove the crease between her eyebrows, "If I didn't want to, I would've divorced you a long time ago." 

"Who would've thought I'd fall for your petty and childish tricks." He rolled his eyes, "But then again, even if I don't want to, hell would probably freeze first before you agree."

"No. I'd die first before you leave my side." Suzuya grinned. She tugged his arms, now she was no longer bothered about it. Yes, she and Kayden had a complicated relationship, not really a romantic one she must say, but just the best and most suited for them. 

"So, where are your friends?" Kayden told her as he looked around, scowling at the people who kept on looking at his wife with a different kind of stare. 

"Probably enjoying their time, we agreed to meet there at eleven." 

Kayden grimaced at the thought of her friends. She never gets along with anyone unless they flock the same feather. 

I can't even tame her alone, I don't think I can manage many versions of her. 

"There's a later festival near the river, from what I know they would release some! Let's go!" Suzuya exclaimed excitedly like a child going to a toy store for the first time. 

Kayden smiled gently as he smoothly removed her hand on his biceps and clasped his hand on hers instead. Letting her drag him to whatever ends but always making sure that she was close to him.

Kayden didn't like festivals since it always makes him lose focus and many wants his head at different prices around the world, but this time he didn't mind dying on a floating lantern display if it means he'll get to see Suzuya smiling brightly.

The two had their own, it was a paper cut into a box shape with no cover on top so a candle could be lit up. They were also given markers so they could write their wishes for the next year to come. 

"Suzuyaaaaaa!!!!!!" 

Here come the devils. 

Kayden exchanged some knowing glances with their partners who looked like they'd survived hell and back. If there was anything these women have the same, that would be their psychic tendencies and marriage proposals. 

"Kayden Break." He offered his hand. 

"Gojo Satoru." The white-haired man who strangely looked a lot like Suzuya motioned on the woman being choked to death by Suzuya, "My moon, Azumi."

"Hiroki Dan." The dark-haired man who had a creepy nice smile pointed at the other doppelganger of Suzuya who was squishing Azumi to death as well, "My life, Akane."

The three didn't even exchange many words but they knew that if they try to stop those three little girls with pick forks, they would be the next one grilled like a turkey on Thanksgiving. 

The men let their wives catch up with each other but always kept their eyes on them, scowling and killing other men with their eyes.

Scary dog privilege I must say.

"Look! It's starting!!!" Suzuya squealed as the three pairs of couple ran near the lake, on a little bridge where the Lanterns were floating on the water.

"I love the view!"  she said at 11: 59 am. December 31, 2022.

"I love you." She told me the view was so beautiful. She didn't know in my eyes, the only view was her, and the most beautiful is always her.

12:00 am. January 1, 2023 

"Happy New year Loves!"

There is nothing more to wish for, to me, every year is the best with her. 

unedited

unedited