20

"Don't spend your whole life fighting, Suzuya

"Don't spend your whole life fighting, Suzuya."

"Once the power of an awakened one, awakens, that person will no longer be considered normal. He will spend his whole life being a fighter. And only will find peace in death."

Her mother's weak hand caressed her cheek lovingly, "I don't want you to spend your life in an unbreakable cycle. Studying, working, earning money, then retiring in old age without experiencing the beauty in life. But I also don't want you to spend it being a warrior your father created."

"Then why did you marry father if you didn't want a war in the first place," Suzuya asked while emotions were shown in her eyes. 

"I loved your father. Even in his coldest demeanor, and ruthless plots, even if he chooses war. Still, he'd sacrifice the world for me." her once fading azure eyes found its light. She coughed a few drops of blood , "but in return, I don't want my children to be forced to be his warriors." 

"It must be exhausting always rooting for the anti-hero." 

"Well... how much can you fight for the one you love? 

"Suzuya... If one day you'd choose to love someone, make sure you wouldn't be exhausted fighting for that person. Live your life for yourself too." Those were her last words.

Now that decades have passed. Her words started to make sense to me. 

The chains that held my father's monstrosity were gone.

"The night has started," Suzuya whispered against the cold snow. She looked at her mother's well-preserved body inside a glass where her father refused to bury or at least cremate her. 

"Suzuya." 

The daughter turned to look at his father's ever-distant face. The difference this time was that he had no life in his eyes. 

"You still look as miserable as ever, father." For the first time, she allowed herself to call him her father, only because it was one of her mother's wishes. 

"And you are getting braver day by day. Was it because of that Breaker?" he smirked after seeing my shoulders tense up. He walked near my mother's body and gently touched the glass. "Nothing good ever comes whenever a blood of mine falls in love."