08

Suzuya quietly pulled her arms after she heard his soft breathing

Suzuya quietly pulled her arms after she heard his soft breathing. She used her pillow as her replacement.

Kayden has always been a deep sleeper when she's with her.

She grabbed a long coat that reached below her knees and covered her loose shirt and high waist. Paired it up with high knee boots.

She glanced at Kayden one last time before opening the window and hopped from building to building.

Suzuya landed on a building miles away from Jiwoo's house with a dark-haired woman waiting for her.

"Jiyoung." She called out.

The chairwoman of Shinhwa looked back at her—expecting her arrival.

"I heard that you attacked Baekdu," Jiyoung said straight to the point.

Suzuya pressed her lips into a thin line and looked away, "How did you know?" she asked.

Jiyoung sighed at her best friend's oblivious self. "You blasted away one of their buildings, and tossed the other one into the sky until it fell and broke into pieces."

Suzuya paled at her words, she felt herself getting little and little in Jiyoung's stare.

"We've been friends since middle school Suzuya, and I know how terrible your temper is, but I hope you won't try to destroy Baekdu."

The chairwoman walked near her and placed her hand on Suzuya's shoulder, "I know that they're greedy, but I acknowledge that I need their support and I can't protect my country on my own."

"You're an intelligent woman Suzuya, I know that you will understand why I'm doing this, just in case that happens again."

The reason why Jiyoung has kept a low profile and let every nation belittle their country. Or how much shame she received while other nations were talking behind her back.

Suzuya smiled, "I know, I only threatened them, but I won't promise something I can't keep. But if they keep their hands off the kids, I'll let this slide."

"Suzuya... if history were to repeat itself, are you prepared?" Jiyoung worriedly asked. "I'm prepared to make sacrifices, even if I need to sacrifice myself."

"If that night were to happen again, only the other organization could back me up."

Their biggest fear is the N̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ o̶f̶ E̶l̶i̶m̶i̶n̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶. It was a nightmare—a night where they could only do nothing but fight.