09

A glowing bright light swallowed the whole room. 

And from where Suzuya stood, she could clearly see Curtin--- in his cat form, standing on top of Jiwoo with his paws placed gently on his chest, directly at his core. 

Curtin promised us that he would heal him in every way that he can—not like he has a choice, but he did give us his word that Jiwoo only needs a few weeks of rest and he can be back to kicking asses again. 

Ten days after the back to classes in the academy, Jiwoo needed to stay for a few more days since his core was very fragile.

He's a newly awakened one so their cores tend to be so fragile, unlike the veterans. Some could even move their cores to parts of their body where they can be protected.

"IS THE CAR HERE ALREADY?!" 

Suzuya's loud voice echoed in the small house. 

Her hair was as messy as a bird's nest, her clothes tattered, and her collar not even fixed properly—in short, she looks like she just woke up. She said she was too busy reading something, smu--- what was it again? Smut? Smooth? 

But she was reading it with a straight face and when he peeked at what he saw, he wanted to gouge his eyes out!

This is how Jiwoo starts his day. 

Suzuya was loud and shouting all day long while running around the house chasing Kayden. It has been a routine since she lived here starting their vacation. 

The way she acts around them, nobody would know she's the heiress of the Great Kertia Empire.

She has tons of hotels and condominiums that the Kertia Empire owns but still chose to stay in Jiwoo's small house. She could have and gain anything, from lavishing gifts, expensive jewelry, and high-end buildings, but chose to stay low. Choose to stay with Kayden even if it means staying at the lowest.

Jiwoo could only describe his life has been going in circles in the past months, but Suzuya was always there for him, along with her brother Suiryuu.

During the whole vacation time, all he ever did was get admitted to a hospital. Fighting people who have a grudge against Kayden or just attracting trouble. In that short time, he discovered how dangerous his world is. Now that he wasn't just a normal person doubled the danger he would face. 

But at the same time, he met many kinds of people, he made friends, memories, and... he met Mr. Kayden, Mr. Curtin, and Miss Suzuya.

And in those times, he thought about Kayden, Curtin, and Suzuya. He admired how strong they are to face all of this trouble, and he even bet that they went through worse than what he is facing.