Chapter 8

I don't own any of the characters in the story as Masashi Kishimoto owns it all.

Iruka's POV

That Kakashi! Not telling! I'll show him and then he'll know how's strong I am, I thought before hearing a lady screaming.

I quickly rushed into the scene to see see a lady being strangled by an older man, who looked like a ninja not from here.

"Leave her alone!" I cried out, rushing over to help her before feeling something stinging on my neck before collapsing...

Good work boys. Now let's take him to the boss, he'll be happy and give us a big reward for the catch....

Kakashi's POV

"Naruto, that's not how you-" Teaching Naruto how to throw a kinai was over when the news came in.

"Kakashi sir, Iruka had been kidnapped," My eyes widened at the news as well the kids who were gasping, Naruto growling loudly.

"Who was it!" Naruto shouted, leaving the guard scared but answered the question to end with the name Masiki.

Immediately after hearing the news, we, Naruto and Sasuke too, packed our backpacks and with the Emperor's permission, we set out to get Iruka back.

!!□▪︎~~¤■!!

We were travelling to one of Masiki's main headquarters, though it was going to be hard to get in as we could see see the security had doubled.

"How are we going to get through Kakashi Otou-sama," Naruto whispered, acting like a super agent.

"Naruto, calm down will you," Sasuke said angrily, gently hitting him on the head to give him some common sense.

Fortunately we found a better path thought having to fight some guards, we found the place as there was an enormous amount of power coming from behind the door.

We listened as there was a conversation between two people but when one left we silently made our way in through making a tunnel with Naruto's help.

??? POV

It was too easy to snatch the male from his home. Occupied with Ekudo's talking and the trivial pursuit of a pointless mission, the Leaf shinobi only noticed their saviours absence after the Masiki had vanished.

A flicker of the scene, a yank at the younger male collar, a nod to Ekudo; the mission was tedious, really. Within five minutes they had captured their quarry.

I almost agreed. The Konoha shinobi were so... forgetful. Even years after he had left the ANBU, scrolls and completed missions outweighed the safety of comrades. It was a wonder Konoha hadn't handed the Kyuubi over to the Masiki by now.

Ekudo would have less to complain about, and fewer shinobi would be – well, there wouldn't be enough left to tally for dead/not dead, but that was the entire point of Ahiko plan.

"Ooh! What is it?" Mobi hoot a scramble of long sleeves and frizzled hair, before an orange mask shoved into the face of the unconscious Konoha nin. "Have
Asido-san and Ekudo-san found the magical shinobi?"

"Keep clear," Ekudo growled, shoving him aside. "Where is Master?"

"Master-sama is inside!" Modi said enthusiastically. "Modi will find him!"

"Erg, fine." Rolling his eyes, Ekudo pushed ahead. Dragging the Konoha-nin behind him, he glanced around the gloomy hideout. His eyes settled on Master and he growled. "We found the sensei. Now what?"

Master barely spared the chunin a glance, and I agreed. Umino Iruka was insignificant compared to the nine-tails. Ordinary, unskilled, dismissible. Yet even a cricket was valuable if it could tempt a hungry snake. The destruction of Konoha would have lured the boy for sure, but I had convinced Master that smaller bait would prove less wasteful.

For now.

"Secure him beneath the statue," The Master ordered. He cast me a doubtful glance. "If the nine-tails does not attempt to retrieve him within a week, dispose of the body."

His thoughts were clear: surely this was not the sensei rumored to tame monsters. Dull brown hair and limbs that dragged akimbo, a horizontal scar that only softened his appearance.

You've stolen the village idiot, The Master's glare proclaimed.

I knew better. He had been acquainted with Iruka during his academy years. Recognized his influence on the Kyuubi.

There was more behind the ink-flecked fingers and child's marble in the front pocket. One shinobi could have prevented the Kyuubi from tearing Konoha to pieces.

I nodded at Master. There was no mistake.

Kiwen was less convinced. "This is supposed to lure the Kyuubi to us?" he said when he saw the chunin. "Have you lost your freakin' mind?"

More unsavory words spewed forth, and I wondered if he should ensure the Konoha-nin was still unconscious. It wouldn't do for Kiwen to murder Iruka over a heated scolding, after all. Teachers of young children tended to be ... severe....