• c h . 1 4 • Cliffhanger

• k i y o m i z u - i z u m i •

I smirked with satisfaction and sat down on the dusty concrete floor. I stretched my arms to add some energy. I let out a sigh.

I went to my hiding place and peeked.

Where is Juuzo anyway?

I brushed off the thought and held my knees closer to my body. I stared at my bare feet. The cold air was getting hotter at the moment. A bead of sweat fell down to my face and made me more paranoid.

The air around me swirled towards my direction. A droplet or two tracing my jawline. I felt that Juuzo was watching me like a tiger camouflaging in the grass.

I realized how real this world was. It wasn't just some dreamland of mine.

It was a bloody slaughterhouse.

I resisted the urge to look back. Instead, I bit back my curiosity and stayed silent.

* Tap Tap *

H-huh? What was that?

*Tap Tap *

The sound was getting louder by seconds. My fear was rising up to my mind. The footsteps were calm and light and you might not even notice that suddenly the person was in front of you.

The sounds stopped.

My heavy breathing was like louder than a whisper. I held my breath and tried to calm down.

I remembered the cabinet. I put my shoes inside, it should buy me some time.

I was on a concrete platform below a window. The other platform was a few meters away. I could use my kagune.

My kakugan activated and small golden tails appeared. I controlled them to grab onto the other concrete platform.

So..I'm going to swing--like Tarzan?

I rolled my eyes and payed attention to the person. He or she was quite silent for a while.

I heard a briefcase clacking open and a slinking sound.

I gave a shudder and focused on the platform. I made sure that the kagune was firm and steady, clawing them even. I closed my eyes and started squat-walking. After a while I was on the edge.

I jumped off and realize that I was below the other platform, relying on my kagune. The breezy air entering my skirt made me feel anxious.

I was frustrated for a while, screaming mentally.

I felt a heavy weight above me. Realizing I let my guard down.

I swore.

A sharp pain embedded one of my tails. It pierced several nerves.

"Funny girl." a rough and manly voice said.
--
A/N: As the title says hehe😉. I enjoyed writing this and I don't know why!

See you guys later!!😝