• c h . 1 7 • To Keep Her Safe

• ,k a n e k i - k e n •

I looked around my surroundings and the psycho-like person was nowhere to be found. I shrugged and casually walked to the elevator then pressed the down button. I leaned against the wall that separates it from the other elevators. As seconds ticked by, I began drifting into my thoughts.

How can I make Izumi go back? This question lingered on my mind simultaneously. I stopped and my heart felt like it was being crushed. I squeezed my chest in pain. I closed my eyes and began taking deep breaths. I heard the elevator opening when I finally got relaxed.

I turned around and got onto my fighting stance for the third time. It's probably the CC--

"Kanekkkkiiiii!!!"

Before I even knew it, I was lying on the ground with someone on top of me. I opened my eyes and saw Izumi with a broad grin. She wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly. My cheeks heated up. She lifted me up and hugged me again.

"Kaneki Kaneki! I missed you already!"

"Whaa--"

She released her hug and examined me closely. She rested her chin on one hand and stared directly at my body. "Are you hurt?"

"A-ah..."

She took a quick glance on my abdomen and resumed to her serious stare. I looked down and saw a big, shallow incision. I gulped slowly to find Izumi staring at me again.

"Ehem.", said another voice with a mix of irritation.

I turned my gaze to the side and saw Touka with her usual glare. She scoffed and looked to the side.

"Kaneki...Hi.", her cheeks turned to beet red.

Why are her cheeks red? I shook my head and cleared my throat. "Hello..."
Izumi let out a scowl and crossed her arms angrily. Soon, it became quiet.
...
...
"NO MORE TENSION SHMENSION AND LETS GO!" She roared loudly. Touka and I jumped in suprise and followed her towards the window--the window?!

I gave her an raised eyebrow while her response was a shrug. Suddenly, her expression turned serious. She looked outside the window and sighed.

"We have some unfinished business."