• c h . 1 1 • Protecting

• k a n e k i - k e n •

The person with a weird-shaped scythe carefully headed towards me. His steps getting closer by meters-to decimeters and synchronizing with my sweat.

This...This is a bad feeling.

I stared at his abnormally large pupils as they were full of emptiness. It's like he could slash me in any moment now.

Unease and fear loathed my mind.

I felt a slight tug on my shirt. I stopped thinking about the guy and switched my view to Izumi.

Her eyes were directly focused on the psycho-looking person. Her pupils were dilating and her hands were shivering.

"Ghoul-san, play with me, okay~??" He requested with killing intent.

He spun his scythe above him and chuckled mischeivously.

I need to fight him..

for Izumi!
--

• k i y o m i z u - i z u m i •

Juuzo...

Kaneki adjusted his position to a fighting one and looked to me.

I already knew what this meant, he's going to fight my psycho-bae.

"Kaneki, good luck!" I patted his hair and smiled.

Somehow I don't feel so good...

"Yeah...Thanks." Kaneki replied

Before I could cheer him on, a big man appeared from the hallway to the cinema.

"Oh Juuzo there you are! I told you not to stroll around the mall without me." The man said.

I looked at him and got terrified even more.

It's Shinohara!

He averted his gaze from Juuzo to Kaneki. His brows furrowed and he clenched his briefcase.

"Who're you?"

"Tch..." Kaneki took hold of my hand and murmured,
"Run Izumi-chan..."

I shook my head, with Shinohara and Juuzo here, he might die!

I pulled out all my kagune.

"I'm done with running.."

Kaneki's eyes widened. He smiled and pulled out his mask.

"Mm, you are right" He stated with a muffled voice while putting his leather mask on.

I did the same. Remembering the kiss.

I cant let you die too soon...

I placed my mask on my face.
--
• k i r i s h i m a - t o u k a •

I wiped the table. Removing the coffee stains and dirt as it becomes totally clean.

"Touka-chan, your shift is over now."

I stopped scrubbing and lifted my hands off the table.

"But sir, isn't it too early?" I asked with confusion.

The Manager faced my and gave me a wrinkled smile. He approached me and gave me a light pat on the back.

"Something tells me that fate is calling you."

I gave out a "Ha?" and proceeded to remove my apron. I untied the knot and hanged it on the wooden clippings.

I entered the 'Staff Only' door and went to my room.

My hands itself removed my clothes by habit. I jumped to the bed and stared at the ceiling.

"Kaneki..." You idiot.

When thinking about it, a smell streaked through my nose as if it was a arrow.

The fragrant scent of memoirs.

I rose up to my bed as I covered my nose.

"KANEKI!"

Rashly, I opened my closet and took out my green jacket, black shirt and shorts. I slipped my shoes on and ran out the door.

I opened the path to Anteiku and ran through the exit.

"Manager, I'm going somewhere...See ya!" I opened the glass doors and let my nose guide me.
--

A/N: yes peeps, it's TOUKA-CHAAN~

She came to add more flippiness to dem story! Soon it will become a luv triangle.

The mall is in 20th ward btw..

Sorry for not including the battle of Juuzo and Neki in this chapter...I'm not great at making those.

Well then,

~sankyuu