• c h . 1 5 • Bloody Hands

WARNING: This chapter contains gore!

I grabbed hold of the platform and tried to lift up my body to know who the mysterious person was. I cocked my elbow to the platform and started lifting my weight.

The person took a step forward and leaned in with a black, faceless mask. I let out a small shriek and my fingers were slowly slipping away. He averted his gaze and stood back.

W-what is he up to?

I clenched my teeth in wariness. Instead of wasting precious time, I proceeded to pull myself up but was given a painful response.

I winced in pain and hot liquid ran down my fingertips. I slowly looked at my hands and was shocked by the horrid mess. Blood was spraying out of my hands and a gaping, small hole was seen on my palm. The sharp pain shot instantly through my nerves.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

The person lifted up the weapon with a bloody edge and scraped it on the concrete surface. Fiery little lights sparked from the metal sword.

He stabbed my hands again.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

I felt liquid forming in my eyes and It was difficult to focus my sight. I took the moment to catch my breath and stabilize my body. Only three of my tails were clawed against the heavy matter leaving another bead of sweat dripping down my face. I felt my energy being drained away...

I looked below my feet and realized that another platform was right below me.

I mentally slapped myself.

My senses turned to normal but my hands felt the same. I heard another sound from above. It kinda belonged to the doohickeys that the police used to communicate. I lifted my body to hear it clearer. However, my hands were aching and I had totally no control at all.

The person ended the call as a audible click was heard in the vast silence.

I breathed heavily and my vision was hooded by my eyelids. I had no choice but to go to the lower platform
--
• k a n e k i - k e n •

Huh?

I opened my eyes slowly. I felt that I woke from a deep dream.

Dark, red liquid was splattered on the porcelain floor. My eyes followed the trail of blood and it lead to two investigators. I lifted my hands to my sight and saw that it was completely covered in blood.

"Fuck!" I shouted as I banged my head repeatedly on the floor.

I saw two familiar tails behind my back. It belonged to the man from the white room.

Suddenly, a loud grumble came from my stomach. My head perked up when fragrant scents of human flesh came from all directions.

My saliva foamed and started dripping down my mouth. I slowly crawled and heard a man breathing heavily.

"Shinohara-san.."

I was snapped out from my lust for hunger. My head turned to the left and saw the psychopath that I encountered earlier. He was kneeling over a crumpled figure.

What have I done?

* Ding! *

I quickly shifted my gaze to the elevator and readied my stance. The steel doors opened sideways and a black spiky haired man in a business suit emerged with two guards on his side.

I stayed silent and waited for his next move.

He stepped out of the elevator with a charming smile. He fixed his tie and cleared his throat.

"Hello, my name is Makoto Suguru." His broad grin turned to a serious face.

"We need to have a deal."