• c h . 1 8 • Family

• k i y o m i z u - i z u m i •

"We still have some unfinished business." I huffed as a small puff of air formed.

I looked outside the window and realized that a passerby was nearby. Being the ghoul I was, I could jump there without breaking a sweat. I slid my hand on the window's frame and clutched it tightly. I jumped through the window and landed on ground with a light tap. After one or two seconds they followed me. Something was wrong..There was an extra tap and a sweet scent.

I flinched to Touka. "Nao!"
Her kagune ripped open as shades from red to black appeared. It was dancing like a wildfire 'till it slowly crystalized itself and shot crimson shards at the person. He cleanly dodged it without even a scratch. I gave Kaneki a signal and activated our kagunes. We ran towards the investigator with great speed and gave him hard attacks.

Kaneki's kagune was the one attacking. His red tentacles were fast and sharp but the man swiftly dodged it like the wind. Mine was on the defensive. My large kagune could easily block his quinque and send him off the side.

I headed towards him to sprint and kick. I gave him a punch and tried to roundhouse kick him. I stopped, realizing I was kicking air.

"Look out!" Kaneki shouted. His hands reaching out for me.

The man's quinque appeared centimeters towards my neck. I let out a whimper and fear shot through my eyes. "L-Let go of me!" I demanded while hyperventilating. Shards flew out of nowhere and pierced the man's back. I looked back to see Touka running towards me and tapping my shoulder.

"I've got you covered." She said. I smiled and mouthed a thank you. The man fell on the ground and his white coat was stained by blood. His quinque made a loud clang as he wheezed slightly and took something out of his pockets. It was an injection with glowing green liquid inside of it. He stabbed it on one of his veins and his wounds started healing. He got up with his weapon and we got in our positions.

"Onee-san..." A female's voice said. The voice was familiar and it belongs to...

"Hoshika?!" I said with a mix of joy and confusion. I turned around for every direction but she was nowhere to be found. I looked back to the man and he started ripping out his mask. Golden locks, deep blue eyes. It was definitely her. I ran towards her and embraced her with my full might. "Hoshika, Hoshika..."

Tears dripped out of my eyes as my heart pounded with happiness. But something stopped me, I stepped back with my head hung low.

"Imouto..."

She went closer to me but I stopped her. My tears rivered on my cheek. I'm really happy that she's here, really, but is she...?

"Do you hate me?" I asked in a low tone. I lifted my head and saw her staring at me. She continued to go closer and wrapped her little hands around me.

"No, nee-san, I would never hate you."

My eyes lit up and I smiled widely. I hugged her back, tightly, like I was never gonna let her go. She looked up to me with her gentle deep blue eyes. She gave me a warming gaze that calmed me down. I looked deeply to her eyes it was void of emotion. This wasn't her eyes of sunshine. I felt fear and panic rose to my face.

"Onee-san, what's wrong?" She asked monotonously. I was snapped from my thoughts and looked back to her.

This isn't her, this isn't her, this isn't her. My mind roughly chanted. I let go of the hug and she was staring blankly at me, my instincts told me to run. But I was too late.

I saw her hand quickly grabbing the quinque on the ground and stabbing me on the heart without a second thought. Dark red liquid splattered on her cheek, and before I knew it, I was lying on the ground.

Suddenly, pain started to take over. I let out a scream and began to breathe heavily. I coughed and coughed until I choked out blood.

After a while, it stopped. I was no longer feeling pain, no longer feeling anything.

I closed my eyes and felt like never opening them again.