"The Lenny Style" (Origins Arc)

Previously...

Burton and Romanoff both exchanged a glance, "Well...that's weird..."

Natasha rolled her eyes before continuing to look down at the phone.

She and Clint both stared at the caller-ID only for Natasha's eyes to widen as she quickly hit the answer button of the phone.

What happened next made the black widow's eyes widen...

"Hello...agent..."

...

As Natasha and Clint both stood still inside of the bustling crowd of Budapest's residents, the duo of agents' eyes were currently scanning every building in sight.

"Assassin..." Natasha's voice sweet beckoned, "It's been a while...I was beginning to miss you..."

"I can tell," the assassin's voice said on the other end of the call, "You seem very eager to see me again."

Natasha and Clint both stopped looking around, "You can see us still..."

"I can," Ghost's voice held a playfulness to it, "There's a cafe not too far from here...the Piccolo Cafe... there's a table outside already reserved for you and your boyfriend...you've got five minutes."

"Hey wait--" Natasha began, but the call was cut off, she took the phone from her ear and stared down at it for a bit.

"What did he want?" Clint asked as Natasha was busy looking down at the phone still.

"I--I don't know," Natasha began, "But I think we have a reservation to get to..."

"A reservation?" Clint asked with a raised brow, "Nat, you know...I'd hate to break it to ya, but I'm actually seeing someone--"

"Yeah yeah," Natasha rolled her eyes playfully, "He set one up for us, Clint...he wants us to go to the Cafe for some reason."

"So...he's playing some sort of game with us then," Clint folded his arms.

"I don't know," Nat shook her head, still trying to wrap her head around the whole ordeal, "But I think we should go."

"You do?" Clint raised his brows, "And what if it's a trap?"

Natasha bit her lip as she contemplated, "He's never tried to set me up before...whatever this is...it's a first..."

Clint remained quiet as he stared down Nat, "...You trust him?"

"No," Natasha immediately answered, "But from the years that I've been hunting this guys...he's never been one to sabotage me, no matter how close I've gotten."

"Didn't he shoot you in your shoulder that one time?" Clint asked.

"Besides the point," Natasha unconsciously rubbed the scar that she no doubt had now from the bullet wound he left her with back in Russia.

Clint sighed and remained silent for a bit, as if contemplating himself, "Which cafe?"

...

After finding themselves at the table in front of the Piccolo Cafe's establishment, Natasha and Clint both sat down looking around at the people in the restaurant of sorts, their eyes scanning for any sign of someone suspicious.

Natasha had placed the burner phone on the table in front of them and would occasionally take a quick glance at it as it laid on the white cloth of the table.

Suddenly seeing it come to life, the former spy answered the call immediately.

"You made it," Ghost's voice penetrated her ears as she quickly took a glance around the cafe again, in hopes of seeing someone currently on a call as well.