"He's adopted" (Avengers 2012)

After their little skirmish in the woods back in Europe, the team are now back in the Helicarrier as Loki is being escorted by dozens of S.H.I.E.L.D. police, whilst he is in handcuffs, smiling.

As they pass the Helicarrier Lab, Banner stops working on the Chitauri Scepter and looks up.

Loki eyes him as he walks, nodding and smiling, Banner rubs his head, not wanting to entertain the stare off.

...

In another part of the S.H.I.E.L.D. base, John is currently seen with a phone to his ear and a smile on his as he listened to something on the other line.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Nellie's excited voice is the current reason for his smile, "Grandpa Lenny took us out for ice-cream today! It was so much fun! And then after that we went to the park! And after that we came home to play! And after that Grandpa Lenny showed us how to use his  gu--"

"O--kay, that's enough phone time for you," Nikki's voice now sounds as she takes the phone from her sister, "...and sugar."

John chuckles as he listened to his daughters.

"Hey, dad," Nikki's voice greets him properly now.

"Hey, Nik," John's voice is soft as he leans his back against the wall of the lonely and private hallway, "How are things at home?"

"Great!" Nikki's voice became excited, "How are things at the seminar?"

"Uh..." John looked for a word, "Educational... to say the least."

Nikki chuckles, "...And how's Natasha?"

John sighs and rolls his eyes at his elder daughter's attempts to get into his love life. Natasha walks in, on cue, which makes his eyes go to her.

"She actually just got here," John's eyes notices Natasha's smile now, as she already guessed whom it was.

'The girls?' she mouths and John nods.

"Oh, Natasha?! Can we talk to her?!" Nikki asks excitedly whilst Nellie's excited squeal is heard in the background.

John raises a brow and then passes the phone to Natasha, "...For you, apparently."

Natasha raises a brow as well, but still accepts the phone anyway, "Hello?"

"Nat!" John hears Nellie's loud voice from the phone...and they weren't even on speaker.

Natasha's smile widened, "Hello, and who is this beautiful voice I'm speaking to?"

John could only release a breath of amusement as he listened to Natasha's responses to whatever the kids were saying to her.

"Oh really? Nellie?" Natasha chuckles, "Of course I remember you, sweetheart."

The former assassin folded his arms and raised one of his feet to the wall as Natasha went over and leaned back on the wall opposite to him, still on the phone with his girls.

"Hello, Nikki," Natasha's smile turned to a grin, "Yes," her eyes then go to John teasingly, "Your father is taking very good care of me, thanks for asking."

John rolls his eyes.

"Oh," Natasha's brows raise as her smile only continues, "...Really? Wait, so he only read romances on his free time--?"

"Alright, that's enough," John tries to get the phone from Natasha whom quickly turns, still listening to Nikki speaking.

"No!" Natasha says in disbelief at something Nikki told her, she tries to move, only for John to wrap one arm around her waist and use the other to grab the phone, "He read it that many times--?!"