"I'm nice like that" (The Winter Soldier 2014)

Shortly after their mission, Steve, Jack and John were all currently on their way towards Fury's office.

"Now remember," Jack begins, "When we get in there the most important thing is to not be calm, collected and sensible about this."

Steve just glances at the former assassin with a stoic face before looking forward once more.

John sends Jack a 'really?' look and the man shrugs.

"What?" Jack raises a brow, "You know how much I like drama."

John just sighs as they all step into Fury's office.

"You just can't stop yourself from lying, can you?" Steve immediately states as he walks up to Fury's desk.

Jack discreetly pumps his face with a satisfied look.

John's eyes immediately went to the flasdrive currently in Nick's hand before he redirects them towards the scene taking place between the soldier out of time and the director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

" I didn't lie," Nick immediately defends, "Agent Romanoff had a different mission than yours."

"Which you didn't feel obliged to share," John raises a brow at Fury whom gulps.

"Those hostages could've died, Nick," Steve presses as well.

"That's why I sent the greatest soldier in history and two of the best assassins I know to ever exist...to make sure that didn't happen," Nick glazed his eyes over the trio of men.

"Still...a little trust would've nice," Jack tilts his head absentmindedly as he looks at one of the paintings in Nick's office.

"The last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye--" Nick begins.

"How did you lose your eye anyway?" Jack asks the man as he spins around to look at him.

"Look, I didn't want you doing anything you weren't comfortable with. Agent Romanoff is comfortable with everything," Nick immediately changes the subject.

"Did she know about what was on the drive?" John asks now.

"I didn't see a reason to share that bit with her...so I didn't," Nick looks at John whom simply huffs.

"We can't be deployed on missions when the people we're working with have side-missions of their own agendas, Nicholas," John explains, "It's not ethical and can put the overall mission that we were sent to do... in serious jeopardy."

"It's called compartmentalization, John," Nick also fires back, "Nobody spills the secrets because nobody knows them all. I thought you of all people would understand that above everyone else."

"Oh, I do," John nods, "However...not when I'm out of the loop."

"Well, that's a little hypocritical, don't you think?" Nick raises a brow.

"Not when I'm the one that has to clean up after," John folds his arms, "You forget. I'm not one of your grunt workers, Nicholas."

Nick simply sighs, "I know..."

Steve huffs, "You know...one of these days, all of those secrets that you refuse to share...they'll get you killed."