"Professor Smith?!" (Avengers 2012)

(A/N): Now the beginning of this chapter is basically the intro for the Avengers movie with only a handful of dialogue containing mentions of our boy...

SO if you wanna see where GHOST comes in you're gonna wanna skip to the interrogation scene with Natasha in it and read from there! Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoy!

-trinikirito

...

xxxxx xxxx, 2012

New Mexico,

Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S. Facility

0200 hours

Currently out in the New Mexico desert, a remote research facility is in a state of panic. It's an evacuation. A swooping helicopter flies in on the chaos.

Men in suits run around like in the typical 'we have to leave' fashion. Soldiers on foot jump onto Humvees, accelerating the hell out of there.

A few yards from the landing pad of the facility, Phil Coulson, stood in a suit with a pair of shades, peering at the helicopter as it landed.

Walking out of the helicopter is S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Maria Hill. Following her, Director Nick Fury climbs out.

Hill and Fury approach Agent Coulson,"How bad is it?" the director asked.

"That's the problem, sir. We don't know," Agent Coulson replied to his superior as they began making their way into the facility.

Agent Coulson leads Hill and Fury through the radiation section of the facility as they see hundreds of technicians and other staff running around, taking only the essentials.

"Dr. Selvig read an energy surge from the Tesseract four hours ago," Coulson explains to Nick as they walked along.

"NASA didn't authorize Selvig to test phase--" Nick began.

"He wasn't testing it, he wasn't even in the room. Spontaneous advancement," Agent Coulson quickly cut in.

"It just turned itself on?" Agent Hill finally let out as she was just beginning to grasp the situation.

"What are the energy levels now?" Nick asked, starting to feel his stress rise.

Agent Coulson tilted his head a bit before sighing, "Climbing. When Selvig couldn't shut it down, we ordered the evac."

"How long to get everyone out?" Nick asked his agent.

Coulson replied immediately, "Campus should be clear in the next half hour."

"Do better," Nick simply ordered and Coulson nodded before taking off in another direction as Fury and Hill both continued to head to Radiation floor of the facility.

"Sir, evacuation may be futile," Maria eventually said to her boss.

"We should tell them to go back to sleep?" Nick suddenly quipped towards his agent.

"If we can't control the Tesseract's energy, there may not be a minimum safe distance," Maria tried to reason out her deduction.

"I need you to make sure that PHASE 2 prototypes are shipped out," Nick suddenly stopped with Agent Hill, "I did not make a deal with an assassin and grant him his freedom just for all of our testing to go down the drain."

"Sir, is that really a priority right now?" Maria inquired with a confused face just as they were about to descend a flight of stairs that was guarded by two other agents.