"We're brothers!" (Avengers 2012)

A few weeks after the battle of New York, the world at large came to know of the events that took place.

In a TV news montage about THE AVENGERS, we see various reports of what happened. Some people agree that the Avengers did good, protecting the city.

Others believe it was their cause.

Among the interviews that certain news outlets picked up, there were various comments, such as;

"Superheroes? In New York? Give me a break!" one man said.

"These so called heroes have to be held responsible for the destruction done to the city. This was their fight. Where are they now?" some senator also said.

"The masked man saved me!" a little boy cheered to a reporter as his aunt held him up, "He even told me that I was a hero!"

"The Ghost of Budapest, he's real man!" a teenager said exasperatedly, "I'm telling you, I saw him fighting the aliens and everything! It was f**king awesome--"

"Wade, you can't curse on television!"

"What? How was this somehow their fault? Captain America and The Ghost of Budapest saved my life. Wherever they are, wherever any of them are, I just wanna say...thank you."

Meanwhile, in Central Park, The Avengers take Thor and Loki (who is handcuffed and muzzled) to a blocked area.

Thor shakes hands with everyone else before he reaches Shadow and Ghost whom he simply grins and hugs with his hearty laugh.

Ghost and Shadow both chuckle as they both accept the God's warm hug, Loki rolls his eyes at the scene as Thor and Ghost decide to exchange a few words before he leaves.

Shadow stands with Loki, both looking to Ghost and Thor.

"You know...it's never too late to change...Loki," Shadow says as he has his hands in his pockets, he looks at the rest of the team, whom are all currently mingling.

The subdued God looks towards Shadow, perplexed.

"Don't give me that look," Shadow raised a brow as he glanced at Loki, "Take it from me...I killed the man that was once like a father to me...for reasons that can never come to light, but it still didn't make me feel any better. You've got a brother that travelled between realms to stop you from making a big mistake...if that ain't love, then I don't know what is."

Loki blinks, but then looks down now.

Shadow simply pats his shoulder afterward with a smile, "Just ponder on that while you're on your little jail sentence, okay, asshole," Shadow winks at him, "I'd say it's been a pleasure, but...I'd be lying."

Shadow walks off now.

With Thor and John, the two men were in the middle of a firm handshake.

"And you're sure that the humans of your world will have no problem giving up the Tesseract to Asgard once more?" Thor asks with a raised brow.

John chuckles, "I'm sure...trust me. I took care of it."

Thor laughs at this, "Then you have helped me once more, Warrior Smith...for that.. I cannot thank you enough, brother."

John smiles as Tony opens the Tesseract's case. They both look towards it, "It was no problem, humanity isn't ready, Thor...and please, just John will be fine...seeing as we are brothers in arms now."

Thor laughs at this, "Very well then, John. I am going to miss this planet, I will say...and the shawarma!"

The share another laugh, "Then I'll be sure to treat you the next time you visit."