"There are always men like you" (Avengers 2012)

Previously...

"Alright, John, you wanna talk," Nick begins as he gestures towards the doors of that would make them exit the control room, Let's talk...."

...

As Nick, Maria, Ghost, Shadow and Steve all enter his office. The chocolate skinned man went over to his desk and sat down, with Agent Hill standing by his side.

The duo of former assassins were both standing in front of his desk with Ghost having his arms folded as the former World War II veteran decided to stand back.

"Now, where was I?" Ghost began, "Oh, right...What. Did. You. Do?"

"I did nothing that requires me to tell you, John," Nick decided to try and act nonchalantly.

"You're the one that changed the deal and wanted me here, Nicholas," Ghost leaned on the director's desk, "So you better start talking..."

"I don't think I have to answer to you--" Nick began, but before he could get to finish his statement, Ghost reached over his table and grabbed the man before slamming him into a wall, messing up the documents on his table as he went.

Shadow, already seeing Maria reach for her gun, acted quickly and grabbed a pencil that was on the table and slickly moved behind her to hold her down whilst keeping the pencil by her ear.

"It's a pencil," Agent Hill struggled against Shadow's grip, "What the hell's that going to do?"

"Oh, trust me," Shadow commented, "You don't wanna find out."

Nick was currently struggling against Ghost's grip as he was being held against the wall, his feet not touching the ground.

As this was going on, Steve was like a lost puppy, his head kept darting between the assassins and the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, not knowing who to help.

"It's just like you read in the debriefing," Nick managed to choke out, "We were using the Tesseract for our research on Sustainable energy!"

"You see that's the thing," Ghost began, his grip not loosening, "I like you, Nicholas. Because you're a smart man...sometimes. Which is why I know for a fact that you have secrets you don't want me finding out," he suddenly began lowering Fury whilst simultaneously fixing the lapels of the man's coat, "So before I find something that'll piss both of us off...you better start telling me the truth."

"You already... know the truth," Nick panted as John stepped back.

"Uh huh, sure," John adjusted his jacket and nodded towards Shadow whom released Agent Hill from his grasp, "Eventually I'm going to start getting restless, Nicholas. So if you do have any secrets lying around on this ship...you'd better start hiding them better."

John passed Steve on his way out and glanced at the blonde as Shadow placed the pencil back onto the messy table and walked out of the room as well, following behind his colleague.

Captain America looked back towards Fury whom was leaning back on his desk, "Is this true?"

"Cap, with all due respect, your job is to help retrieve the Cube, not to ask questions," Fury rubbed his neck.

"Well, with all due respect, sir," Steve looked towards the door that John and Shadow both left through, "I don't think they have the same outlook...And I'm gonna have to agree with them."

He left the room and Fury looked towards Hill, "Hide those Phase 2 weapons. Now."

Agent Hill merely nodded as she left the room to carry out the orders she was just given.