Do you even care?

Only us.
Clear the slate and start over,
Try to quiet the noises in our head.
We can't compete with all that.
So, what if it's us?
What if it's us?
And only us.
And what came before won't matter anymore.

"Loki?" I said, shocked.

"You're alive? How are you here?"

"I don't know, I just woke up here"

"I'm so glad you're okay. I thought you were dead."

"Yes, I'm alive, but I didn't think you'd notice if I was, considering you have for the last 4 years!"

"Sister, just let me talk to you." I stared at him "please."

"Fine"

"Come with me" he said. He started walking and I followed.

"How are you here?"

"I don't know either." We walked down a corridor "come on" he opened a door and gestured for me to walk in.

"Where are we?" I looked around.

"Zelda. Zelda" Loki took my shoulder.

"Don't touch me" I pulled away a few feet. "What do you want to say?"

"I should explain-"

"What is there to explain?" I asked. "I think everything is pretty clear to me." I looked away to the window.

"Look at me" he said. "Zelda, why can't you look at me? You won't talk to me, you won't say anything to me, why?"

"Because it is painful. When I look at you all I see is me waking up in that cell alone! Realising that you are dead! All you do is remains me of the pain that I went through. You left me for 4 years, with nothing, do you really think that I'm just going be absolutely fine!"

"I didn't think it would be this bad, I didn't want to hurt you, I just wanted to protect-"

"Don't you dare say me, you just did this for yourself! This feels so unfair, you just leave me and then show up again thinking I'm fine. You were always selfish, but to this extend with... with me. Why did you forget me? When did you stop caring about me?"

"I never stopped caring about you."

"Then why did you leave me on that battlefield, alone, to figure something out! Do you realise how cold and alone I felt! How I would wake up and remember that no one is coming, no one is alive, and that I have nothing. I don't have hope. Nobody wants me. I was a leftover thought. No one too remember me. No one to forget me."

"Zelda, I never forgot you. And you are not nothing. But I understand how you felt-"

"But yours ended! You had an escape, you got out. You have no idea how I felt."

"Would you rather me dead?"

"I don't want you dead. Why would I ever want you dead? It just hurts that you're alive. That what I went through was for nothing. And that you could have let me go. You are definitely smart enough to figure something out." I scoffed.

"I know, and I was selfish, and I was going to somehow get you out but it just never happened, and I know I had years to do it. Sister, I was scared. I was scared that I was going to hurt you and now I realise that I have hurt you more."

"Why were you scared? No you weren't. You just didn't want me"

"Zelda, I love you, why would you say that?"

"Because you made that crystal clear"

"I heard everything you said about me, and that you were sorry" I hadn't noticed but Loki was now standing right in front of me. "You shouldn't be sorry."

"Because I am! It was my fault. You could have told me the plan"

"Sister, my death was the plan."

"And for 4 years I didn't know that. I wanted the only thing I couldn't have back" a tear dropped down my face. "You know that I already lost everything else. After this, I should probably just go. Get out of your life, as you clearly wanted me."

"Stop, Zelda." He said firmly. "You have nothing to be sorry for, this is my fault. I should not have left you there. It was selfish and I didn't know what too do. Because whenever I did something, you where there. I knew that you would be alone and I didn't do anything, and I don't know why. But I never forgot you. I thought about you constantly."

I nodded softly.

"I just wanted someone to tell me it's going to be okay. I just wanted you back." More tears ran down my face. I didn't instinctively lean against him, but I guess I did. I felt his arms wrap around me.

"It's okay." He stroked my hair softly. "You're okay. I'm not going anywhere. I promise"

"You're not great at promises" I mumbled.

"I was about too say that you changed, but you definitely are still my sister" he laughed.

"What?" I said. "I'm sorry"

"No, I'm sorry."

"What do we do now?"

"We stay, and we somehow figure things out." He sighed. "Are you okay?"

"No"

———

Sorry it's been so long but this took awhile to write!! Anyway, I started my new book about if the sorcerers supreme had a son, it's set during doctor strange and it will link with Zelda at some point, you don't need to read it to understand everything but please read it!

Byeeeeeeee