Shadow Over Mondstadt (pt.2)

Rimuru stared at the huge tree, feeling peaceful. Every time he went here, it's always peaceful unless you suddenly got hit by a mischievous, strange Hilichurl. Perhaps, one day, I can take my students here and have a picnic. He smiled at that.

"There he is." Rimuru said, pointing at Venti, who have this peaceful expression. Did we ruin his peace? 

"Oh? What are you doing here?" Venti asked, noticing them approaching him. "Thought I was just wondering if you would happen to follow me."

"I want to know more about the Anemo God." Aether said, serious.

He's literally in front of you. Rimuru thought, crossing his arms. 

[ I see that you figured it out ]

Of course I did! Also, Raphael-san you traitor. This is the first time you disobeyed. Rimuru told Rapahel/Ciel, half-joking.

[ I wanted to test your brain ]

Rimuru gave them a deadpan expression. I... see. No, he doesn't.

"You speak of the God of Anemo, Barbatos? He already disappeared from Mondstadt a long time ago." Venti said, confused. 

Rimuru gave him a deadpan expression, which the bard noticed. You and I both know that ain't true. 

"Liyue and Inazuma's respective gods of Geo and Electro are still present, but Mondstadt has seen many a moon since they last saw their own god." Venti explained. "Why do you wish to know about the God of Anemo? Does it have something to do with Dvalin?" 

Rimuru nodded. "Yes."

"Oh... ahhh... it's because gods..." Paimon said, a bit unsure.

"Yes, someone told me about Dvalin's past." Aether said, causing Rimuru to look at him. Nani!? Raphael-san, do you have any info about Dvalin?? We know that he is one of the four winds, and he used to be one of the Anemo Archon's best friends. 

Man, I really need to go to the Library. T^T.

"Just how is it that everyone sees Stormterror? I'm quite curious." Venti said while Rimuru glanced up in the sky, sensing something. "That said, there's no need to rush. I have not been back in a while, it seems there are a few who are unhappy with my arrival." 

Aether and Paimon also looked up to see an Eye of the Storm.

Rimuru appeared in front of them and unsheathe his katana. "I see that you have returned." He gave it a dark smirk, causing the Eye of the Storm to kind-of shiver in fear. "Care to have another round--eh??" 

Rimuru blankly stared at the fleeing, scared Eye of the Storm. 

Hmph! Coward! Veldora crossed his arms in anger. 

Aether and Paimon went after it while Rimuru stayed with Venti. "So, you're the Anemo Archon." Rimuru bluntly said, startling the bard- the Anemo god. 

Venti froze, but quickly composed himself. "You must be mistaken. I am but a normal bard." He laughed it off. How did he figure it out!?!? He thought. 

This guy... Rimuru deadpanned at him. "You may be able to fool everyone in Mondstadt, but you can never fool me." He said, narrowing his sharp eyes on Venti, who stiffened at the aura Rimuru was leaking. 

This guy... is terrifying! Venti nervously gulped and sighed in defeat. "How did you know?" 

Rimuru smiled, taking his aura away, much to Venti's relief. "It's quite obvious. I saw you speak with the dragon as if you know him for a very long time. Your performance earlier. The story that you've told. You gave the same energy as the Anemo Statue, and you're Vision is Anemo." Rimuru pointed it out. "Besides, you're connection with Anemo is stronger than anyone."