A Long Shot

Let's all agree that Zhongli is the best dragon in Genshin Impact. 

.

.

.

Entering Stormterror's Lair is pretty easy, thanks to Ciel and Venti. 

"Look!" Venti called out, pointing at the two shiny spots on Dvalin. Rimuru activated his wings while the others activated their gliders. "There are two shiny spots on Dvalin's back!" 

"No shit, Sherlock." Rimuru said in Japanese so that they wouldn't understand a thing he said. 

"Huh?" 

"Nothing."

"Anyway," Venti shook his confusion off, but he could already guess that Rimuru said something bad. Just a feeling. "They appear to be poisonous blood clots that have coagulated on his wounds. The Abyss Order must have cursed the wounds. That's what's corrupting Dvalin's mind." 

Is it true, Ciel?

[ Hai. The wound on Dvalin is indeed cursed. ] Ciel answered. 

"Then we have to get rid of them." Aether said with Rimuru nodding in agreement. 

"To save your pet dragon, we have to destroy them and maybe kill some Abyss." Rimuru said, although he said the last part to himself, but by the look on Venti's face, he heard them thanks to the wind. 

"Aim for those blood clots!" Venti said as they speed up and fired their attacks on Dvalin. 

.

.

.

This is so boring. Rimuru sighed, getting tired of waiting for them to destroy that goddamn curse. "Fine. I'll do it myself." With a snap of his fingers, he absorbed Dvalin, much to everyone's shock and Venti's dismay. 

"RIMURU!!" Venti shouted, betrayed and enraged. "WHAT DID YOU DO!?

But before he could do anything, he was suddenly frozen in place as he felt paralyzed by Rimuru's aura. This aura is much more powerful and suffocating than Morax in his prime and Celestia!

"Shut up.

Finally some peace and quiet, Rimuru focused on what he absorbed and concentrated on getting rid of the poisonous curse that the abyss injected. 

"Hm, getting rid of them was quite easy." He narrowed his eyes. "Too easy." 

Guess he's just way too strong, but he isn't here for this. What he's actually after when he absorbed the dragon is the knowledge of Teyvat, especially the abyss. 

Rimuru's eyes widened when he saw something. "This is..." 

[ Rimuru-sama, this knowledge... ]

"Trash." 

He sighed, disappointed. I already know what happened to the abyss and that they used to be humans. That they came from that nation where gods didn't rule, which is pretty damn cool. But why? Why did the Archons destroyed that nation?

That's what he wants to know, but he guessed he can learn it by traveling with Aether and Paimon. 

I swear... if the Archons didn't tell us...

I might as well destroy their nation. 

Deciding that he traumatized them enough, he gave Dvalin back and removed his aura. "Ara, gomen, gomen!" The he smiled at them and shoved Dvalin at them. "But look who's free!!" 

"Dvalin!" Venti shouted in relief and went towards him, but not before glaring at Rimuru, who gave him a cheeky smirk. 

"Don't ever scare us like that!" Aether punched Rimuru in the shoulder (he's not even budging) before hugging him. 

"Yeah! You we're so scary! Paimon thought she was gonna get squished to death!" Paimon shudder in fear. 

Rimuru laughed. 

Diluc and Jean (I forgot that they're there) sighed in relief, but they've grown more on guard with Rimuru. They don't know if they could fully trust him yet, but they know that his not a bad guy but he isn't a good guy either. 

[ Rimuru-sama, the place ]

Suddenly, the platform gives in and everyone loses their footing. 

"Oh shit." Rimuru said before falling. 

[ Is about to collapse... oops ] Ciel definitely doesn't sound so sorry.

Ciel! 

Thankfully, Dvalin managed to get them and Rimuru summoned Veldora. 

Wait. Why didn't I let these two dragons duke it out? 

STUPID! STUPID! 

It would've been cool to see two dragons fight each other.

Throughout the flight, Rimuru was sulking. 

"It's been a while since we flew like this together, huh, Dvalin?" Venti said, smiling in nostalgic. 

"Just now... Why... Why did you not ask me to protect you like the last time?" 

"Me not wanting you to listen to the Abyss Order doesn't mean that you have to listen to me. Freedom, if demanded of you by an archon, is really no freedom at all." Venti then gave some of his powers to Dvalin, purifying him and giving him blessings. 

Wise words, old man. Rimuru thought. 

"Is this... the power of the Anemo Archon? But I am no longer part of the Four Winds." Dvalin said, recognizing the power back from the time when Venti was Barbatos. 

"Even if that's so, you still protected us regardless." Venti countered. "Now, spread your wings of freedom and go with my blessing." 

Venti then looked at the sulking Rimuru and smirked. "My dragon is cooler and faster."

"Huh?" The fuck does this drunkard want? Rimuru thought, frowning. 

"What did you just said to me!?" Veldora, however, took a huge offence to what the Anemo Archon said. "I am the Storm Dragon, Veldora! You're dragon is no match for me!" He growled in pride and anger, speeding up. 

"Watch what you say, buffon. You are talking to the Anemo Archon, Barbatos!" Dvalin growled, speeding up as well. 

"What the..." Venti and Rimuru were dumbfounded. 

Now, look what you've done. Rimuru mentally said to Venti.

I didn't expect this! Venti defended himself. 

While the two dragons were bickering and racing who's faster, Venti and Rimuru looked at each other and their two dragons. Huh, like owners, like dragons.

And laughed. 

.

.

.

Soooo... I might need beta readers. 

Any volunteer???? Because I'm not a good writer and I don't exactly have brain cells nowadays. So, I wanted to make sure my readers read good story. And english isn't exactly my original language. 

So... anyone?