Hurdle

"Oh? You guys are finally here." 

Diluc, Aether, Paimon, Jean, and Venti turned to the owner of the voice and found Rimuru sitting down on his chair. Said chair is a pile of dead Hilichurls. 

"Rimuru!" Paimon waved at him for attention. "You're here! Paimon thought you'll ditch Paimon!" She stomped on air, earning a laugh from Rimuru. 

"Don't worry, I'll only ditch you when Mora is required." Rimuru said, remembering Paimon's huge appetite and love for Mora. How can a small body eat so much!? 

"It seems you killed the Hilichurls for us." Diluc said, glancing at Rimuru and the dead Hilichurls. "How... kind of you." Looking at Rimuru, he didn't even have a scratch on him and he didn't even break a sweat. Not to mention the Hilichurls must've been dead for an hour or two before they arrived. Just how powerful is this guy? He thought, slightly frowning. Sure, Rimuru is an ally to them but for how long? 

How long will Rimuru be an ally to them?

Diluc & Jean knows they are no match for someone like Rimuru, not to mention Veldora. If they somehow pissed him off and didn't get him back to his family...

Mondstadt... no not just Mondstadt, Teyvat is doomed. 

Rimuru mentally rolled his eyes, knowing what they are thinking right now. Geez, it's not like I'm gonna kill any of them. I'm not THAT heartless. He pouted. This people are so mean and he's doing them a favor. 

"Where were you?" Aether asked Rimuru, curious. 

"Taking a nap." 

"Why do you need a nap for?" 

Rimuru stared at him as if he's stupid. "How do you even breathe?"

"Oh..." 

Paimon cleared her throat, gaining everyone's attention. "It's a storm barrier!" She said, pointing at the entrance of Stormterror's Lair. "It looks so dangerous..." How did he get inside? She thought, staring at Rimuru. 

"Yes. We can see that." Rimuru deadpanned, causing Paimon to nearly tug his hair off of his scalp if it wasn't for Aether holding her off.  The barrier isn't that dangerous. He thought. 

Rimuru entered the Stormterror's Lair twice. First is when he was sent there to destroy one of Dvalin's source of power, he merely teleported inside. The second time he entered the Lair is when he was waiting for the others to arrive, he wanted to test if he can enter the storm barrier without a struggle. 

And he just casually walks in.

Basically, he's immune to barriers. 

(A/N: This will come in handy for Inazuma.)

"Let me at it." Venti said, stepping in. "Although this wooden lyre is all I have... I don't need the lyre to break through this kind of storm barri— Ah, wait, what is that?" 

Rimuru looked around to see a second group of Hilichurls arrived. "Oya?" 

"Enemy attack! Prepare yourselves!" Jean shouted as everyone (except Venti & Rimuru) materialize their weapon. 

"The stage will need to be cleared before I can begin my performance." Venti said, frowning at the Hilichurls. "Generally speaking such chores are not the concerns of the performer himself."

"Oh my, did you guys..." Rimuru's eyes turned red and the Hilichurls began to tremble in fear and dread. "came here for another round?" Rimuru activated Black Flame; Amaterasu. (It's like Itachi & Sasuke's Amaterasu)

Everyone watched in amazement as the vicious Hilichurls tried to ran away, but in the end, they died, being consumed by black flames. 

Not a single one of them spared. 

Venti slightly frowned. He was right. This Rimuru guy really reminds him of the Geo Archon. 

Rimuru's eyes went back to gold and turned to Venti. "Well then, on with your performance, Barbatos." 

"It's Venti."

"Barbatos."

"Venti."

"Barbatos."

"Call me Venti damn it!" 

"Why should I? Wasn't Barbatos your real name?" 

"I'm 100% sure that your name isn't Rimuru." Venti retorted and Rimuru frowned. 

"Rimuru is the name my brother gave me, so watch your mouth, little wind." Rimuru's eyes glinted in red, causing the others to step in before he could do anything to the soon-to-be former Anemo Archon. 

"The Abyss Order must be manipulating them behind the scenes, yet they shouldn't have been able to determine that we would come." Diluc said, gaining the Anemo Archon and the Demon Lord's attention, much to their relief. "They're presumably spreading their forces to halt our plans." 

"Without further ado... I suppose I can play faster if my only audience is the wind." Venti said as he disperses the wind barrier by playing the Lyre. 

I wonder how powerful he was when he was in the war? Rimuru narrowed his eyes. How many people has he killed in Khaenriah? 

"It actually opened! You're not entirely useless, Tone-Deaf Bard!" Paimon bluntly said, making Venti chuckle sheepishly and Rimuru to snort. 

(She called you useless.) Rimuru.

(Shut up.) Venti.

(Make me.) Rimuru. 

"This is it. We are now entering Stormterror's Lair." Jean announced, interrupting Rimuru and Venti's mental communication. "Watch yourselves. Let's move." 

"Here we go." 

.

.

.

Sorry for the short update, I'm just mentally tired and I lost a lot of braincells today. 

Anyways, hope you follow, comment, and vote my story. 

See ya.