Wild Escape (for a certain bard, outlander, and a pixie)

"It's time to go back." 

Ignoring the sudden worry for his money, Rimuru used Shadow Movement to teleport somewhere near the Tavern. 

Rimuru opened the door and immediately noticed the same Pyro dude he sensed earlier, along with Aether and the others. 

"Master Diluc, this is this week's accounts." A bartender said. He has light brown hair, both a mustache and a beard, he has amber eyes, a necklace with a golden amulet, also a brown belt with pockets. 

He was talking to a red hair guy, Diluc. 

So, that's the Pyro user's name. Rimuru narrowed his eyes on him. He's strong, but not as strong as Benimaru. 

"Hmm... This disaster has greatly affected business." Diluc said, frowning.

"Hi, we'd like a seat at your ahhh... least conspicuous table." Venti said to Diluc, smiling. 

Idiot! I said "discreet" not pointing out the obvious! Rimuru stomped on Venti's feet, ignoring the bard's yelp of pain. "Hello, Mister Diluc, right?" Diluc grunted. Not a talkative guy, okay. "Is the second floor crowded? If not, is it available?" Rimuru asked. 

Diluc hummed, narrowing his eyes on Rimuru and Venti. "... The second floor has fewer costumers, you'd be less conspicuous up there." He said and Rimuru nodded before going up, but Diluc wasn't done yet. "But are't you a bard? Why not sit front and center?" He asked Venti, who froze on his way. 

Oh shit. Venti say something! Rimuru mentally communicate to the bard, who gave him a 'help me' look. What do you mean 'help me', this is on you. 

Traitor! Venti mouthed to Rimuru before turning around to smile at the skeptical redhead. "Hahaha, let's save the paid performance for next time. We'll be heading up now, see you in a bit!" 

Venti immediately went to Rimuru and Aether ("AND PAIMON! DON'T FORGET PAIMON!"). "You think he bought that?" He whispered to them. 

Rimuru glanced at Diluc, who stared at him, before looking at Venti and smiled. "Not one bit." 

Meanwhile, Diluc frowned. "Hey, keep an eye on them. There's something strange about that bard. I'll go ask around." He said to Charles. 

He haven't move from his spot yet. There's something off about them, especially that blue haired guy. (I swear, this guy have trust issues with blue haired people.) He knew that the bard is lying, but that blue guy... he's hard to read. It's hard to tell if he's lying or not. 

Just like him

"Ask who exactly?" Diluc snapped out of his thoughts when Charles asked. 

"The "protectors" of Mondstadt." Diluc answered. There was anger in his tone when he said protectors. 

.

.

.

Rimuru picked a very well-hidden table and sat beside Aether. 

"Phew, that was close." Paimon sighed in relief. 

"What do you mean 'that was close'? You guys didn't do anything." Rimuru crossed his arms. 

"About that..." Paimon trailed off as she and Aether avoided looking at Rimuru. 

Rimuru was about to scold them but heard something and gestured them to shut up. He saw 2 guards and used his heightened hearing to hear what they're saying. Just in case.