-03-

"Wait really? You did that!" Taehyung laughed at a silly memory which the younger shared.
Jeongguk nodded and let out a small laugh, which shocked Tae. He hadn't heard the younger even slightly laugh, the boy would just show facial expressions without making a noise. But now for the first time he heard a small whisper from the younger. It wasn't a word it was a small, short melody.

Taehyung was now staring at the boy with huge heart eyes. They had only met each other recently but the small tune from the mute made his insides twist from warm to hot within seconds. Jeongguk noticed the elder staring and he shifted in his seat. His eyes darted down to his fingers as his tiny laughs calmed. Taehyung noticed his gaze and was quick to cough.

Jeongguk moved his eyes up and began fiddling with his straw from his drink. They were sat in silence but thankfully it wasn't an awkward silence. The two were just sitting in front of each other admiring time. Time was in their hands when usually time was holding them. They were able to sit comfortably in one another's presence, not having to worry about time.

"The sunset is pretty" Taehyung sighed averting his eyes to the painted sky which displayed sweet orange's and pink's.
Jeongguk averted his eyes from the straw, and towards the window so he was able to look outside. Taehyung was right, the sunset was beautiful. The younger nodded softly, letting his lips curve gently.
'It's stunning' Jeongguk signed before thinking of another conversation starter.

'Do you like being a hybrid?' Jeongguk asked with a small delay, in case it was a sensitive subject.
He just wanted to get to know Taehyung. He wanted to know his personally, he didn't know why, but he just wanted too.
"As a kid I didn't like it but at the moment I do like it. Being a hybrid wasn't easy as a kid, I grew up in an area which was very heavily human populated. They were taught to mistreat hybrids, so I was constantly bullied. But now-now most people don't discriminate as much. I still get a handful but nothing major" Taehyung sighed.

Jeongguk nodded before signing.
'I think hybrids are cool. I like how each hybrid has different personality traits and although I don't know what they all are, I would happily learn. Also what's even cooler is that hybrids can shift to a proper animal'

"Hybrids only usually shift when alone, with the people they love, protection. But others shift to scare humans and when they want to attack. So it can be dangerous, but I don't want to scare you, i'm not like that" Taehyung worriedly rambled, feeling his stomach drop wondering if Jeongguk wouldn't want to be friends with him.
'I know, I trust you' Jeongguk smiled reassuringly.

The pair sat in the cafe for hours, freely talking to one another. It had only been a few days since they met but Taehyung wanted to continue to get to know the younger boy. He didn't know why but he was lured to the boy. His protective instincts were already wanting to show, he felt the need to look after the younger. But what he couldn't distinguish was if it was in a friendly way or more. It was way too early to tell, and hybrid just gathered it was in a friendship way. Again it had only been a few days so it was way too early to tell.

"Should we leave? I can walk you home" the senior suggested.
'No it's okay, I don't want to be a burden' Jeongguk shook his head as they started gathering their things.
"You would never be a burden, plus it's dark and I don't want you walking home alone"
Jeongguk didn't protest as he knew that Taehyung wasn't going to take no as an answer.

They walked down the sidewalk together, with a safe gap between them. Taking in the summers breeze which surrounds them comfortably. Jeongguk took a deep breath as he looked up at the small lights above them. He was so zoned in on the lights he wasn't even looking where he was going.

The tiger hybrid noticed and quickly wrapped his tail around the younger's waist protectively as he was about to come into contact with a street lamp pole. Jeongguk let out a high pitch squeal feeling himself being moved away from the pole and instead bump into Taehyung's side. Jeongguk's eyes widened as he saw the fluffy tail wrapped around him safely. He blushed softly as he slowly brought his hand down to the tigers tail and touched it.

Taehyung felt shivers run over his body when he felt the soft touch stride along his tail. Jeongguk let out another faint giggle when he saw the tip of his tail wiggle. He continued to caress the tail, running his hands through the fuzziness of the tail with a small smile on his lips. He then realised what he was doing and quickly looked up at Taehyung who at the moment was a mushy mess. He was loving how Jeongguk was softly caressing his tail, so gently that he could barely even feel it.

'Sorry, and thank you for stopping me from getting hurt' Jeongguk looked at him with sweet eyes.
"No problem and you don't need to apologise, I- uh actually liked it" Taehyung chuckled, to cover the embarrassment.
'Really? You don't mind?'
"Of course not"
Jeongguk gasped and immediately blushed, before shyly placing his hand on the elders tail and caressed it again but this time Jeongguk was looking where he was going so he didn't trip up or something.

Till a few minutes later, they were in front of Jeongguk's small house. Taehyung looked at it but not for too long. It was a two story house with a very small garden. It wasn't amazingly big, and it was in a rougher area of the city but no too far from school.
"Do you live alone?" Taehyung asked softly.
Jeongguk just nodded but didn't want to talk about it.
"Thank you for this evening" Taehyung smiled softly.
'Thank you Tae' Jeongguk caressed the elders tail one last time before moving out its clasp.
"I'll see you tomorrow" Taehyung ruffled the boys hair.