-13-

"Jeongguk over here" Jin yelled as the boy looked around for the pair so he didn't sit by himself. 
Jeongguk smiled back and walked over to them, taking a seat next to Jimin.
They were waiting for their boyfriends while chatting about a few things with Jeongguk nodding or writing on his notebook .

All the boys ran out one after the other till they made it to the court. Tae looked around and saw Jeongguk giving him a wave. Jeongguk blushed and waved back with a small smile on his lips.

The training was going well for them all, and were picking up pointers and all very quickly. As time passed and there was only 5 minutes left of training Jeongguk's phone began to ring. His phone hasn't rang in around 4 years. No one ever wanted to call him so this was more than shocking. Plus he didn't know what to do because it wasn't like he could respond.

So Jeongguk only had one idea, he grabbed his bag and ran down the steps gaining Tae's attention. The coach told them that training had finished and he ran over to the younger who was visibly stressing.
"What's wrong baby?" Tae asked, looking down at the ringing phone.
"Answer for me" Jeongguk's whispered hoping the elder would understand which thankfully he did.

He accepted the call and put it on speaker.
"Hello?" Tae said.
"Hello is this Jeon Jeongguk's, Mrs Jeon son?"
"I'm Jeongguk's boyfriend, but he is standing next to me, and you're on speaker"
"Oh of course, I'm so sorry I forgot. As long as Jeongguk gave you permission that's fine. Anyway, It's Dr Lee, please can you come to the hospital as Mrs Jeon's condition has become worse, and as you're her only family member I thought she'd be more comfortable if you were here"

Tae looked at his boyfriends face and saw tears gather in his eyes, he nodded softly.
"Yes that's fine, we will be there as soon as possible, thank you doctor"
"Okay, bye now" the doctor cut the call an Tae was quick to give Jeongguk his phone back and pulled him into his embrace.
Jeongguk cried into Tae's chest seeking his comfort which Tae was quick to give.

The elder had no idea what was going on, but he could tell that this wasn't going to be easy with or without knowing everything.
"Shall we go?" Taehyung asked caressing the younger's cheek, which made his thumb damp due to the stream of tears.
Jeongguk nodded and moved his head away from the elders chest. He trembled as they began to walk.

"Why don't you sit down while I grab my bag, saves you walking far. You can take my water bottle as well" Tae suggested as he led the younger to the bench.
Jeongguk sighed and nodded knowing it would be quicker.
"I'll be right back" Taehyung placed his hands either side of Jeongguk's face and kissed the younger's forehead.

Tae ran off the court and quickly rushed into the locker room. He grabbed his back and pulled out deodorant and quickly sprayed it on before shoving on a hoodie. He shut his locker and ran back. As he got closer Jeongguk was shaking uncontrollably.

Tae stood in front of him and crouched down.
"Little on, listen to my voice. I will be here for you the whole way, you don't need to tell me anything if you're not ready. But I will be right beside you if you need a shoulder to cry on okay" Tae spoke to the younger as he slowly picked him up not wanting to scare him.

Jeongguk willingly clung to him and rested his head in his neck and he slowly calmed down smelling the elders scent. They walked out of school and walked to the hospital as it was only a few blocks away.

Once they arrived Tae placed the younger on the floor which the boy wasn't too happy about but Tae quickly took hold of his hand. They walked in and was met with the receptionist.
"Hello, how can I help you?" She asked gently.
"Hello, we are here to visit Mrs Jeon, Dr Lee called us" Tae said, squeezing the younger's hand, in which he got another squeeze back.
"Of course, Dr Lee mentioned you both would be coming. Go to floor 5, room 14" She smiled, letting the two boys go.

They walked to the elevator and Tae pulled Jeongguk close as it filled up. Jeongguk rested his head against Tae's chest while Tae had his arms circled around Jeongguk's waist. The elevator stopped a few times till finally it was their floor. The couple waddled out of the elevator and slowly walked around till they came to the room.
"Whatever happens I'll always be here for you" Tae kissed his head and the two slowly walked in.

"Gukie?" a cracked voice rasped.
Jeongguk nodded with tears as he walked over to the bed, taking hold of his mothers hand which was so fragile it could break any moment.
"I'm sorry" Jeongguk whispered.
"Why are you apologising?"
"This wouldn't of happened if it wasn't for me" Jeongguk whispered again, coughing slightly afterwards.
"No dear, t-this isn't your fault. You need to stop blaming yourself for the accident, it wasn't your fault, it was just a misfortunate accident"

"Please for me, let it go. Don't blame yourself. Stop bringing yourself pain" She cried as well.
"Okay" Jeongguk nodded, bringing her hand to his head.
"Who is that in the corner?" Mrs Jeon asked.
"Ah-uhm, hello Mrs Jeon, my name is Kim Taehyung, I'm uh Jeongguk's... b" Tae looked at Jeongguk wondering if he was okay with him introducing him as his boyfriend.

"Mama he's my boyfriend" Jeongguk whispered with a small smile.
Mrs Jeon only cried more, but she was smiling as wide as her tired self could.
"Oh baby, I'm so happy. Does he treat you well?" She asked him softly.
"More than well, he's amazing" Jeongguk whispered.
"Come here dear" Mrs Jeon ushered him over to the other side.

Taehyung gently held her other hand and looked at her.
"Stay with him, take care of him for me. He's been through so much already and I wish I wasn't the one making it worse but I don't have long, so I'm leaving his care with you. Please"
"Of course Mrs Jeon, thank you for trusting me enough, I will be with him the whole way I promise"
"Thank you" She began coughing roughly.