6-Just Be Held

Liv remained in her room for two days, only coming out when she heard Olli's door shut so she could get food and drink and to use the bathroom

Liv remained in her room for two days, only coming out when she heard Olli's door shut so she could get food and drink and to use the bathroom. She also fed Fender in this time but noted how his bowl was slightly dirty from earlier food, and his lead wasn't in the position she had left it. Olli had certainly been doing his part around the flat which she greatly appreciated.

It was on this morning when she rose with the sun that she decided that enough was enough.

Olivia got out of bed and stripped it of the sheets. On a shelf in her wardrobe sat clean sheets that she covered the mattress, duvet and pillowcases with. Still in her pyjamas, she made her way to the bathroom to have a much needed shower. After then brushing her teeth and hair, Liv pulled some comfy clothing from her drawer, some black sweatpants and a cropped purple t shirt, and she finally emerged into the open plan kitchen and sitting room.

The only thing that stood out to her was a distinct lack of another human being.

Well, until the door unlocked and the two's eyes locked.

Olli put the bag he was holding on the kitchen counter and smiled widely at the woman whom he had missed desperately over the past two days. Her hair was evidently just washed as dark water patched formed on her shoulderblades before it could drip onto the floor. The first thing Olli did was walk over to Liv and pull her into a much needed hug.

His arms went over her shoulders to meet at the small of her back with his chin on the crown of her head. Liv wrapped her arms around his chest, the tip of her nose brushing against the small bit of his chest that was exposed by the few buttons that weren't done up on his shirt. The cold of her skin made him shiver slightly.

"You don't see me any different, right?" Liv said into his shirt, too scared to move from the sanctuary she had made herself.

"Of course not." Olli spoke into her semi-dry hair. "Nothing like that would ever make me see you different."

"Thank you." She lifted her head to inspect the contents of the bag. "Whatcha get?" 

With his arm still around her, Olli told her what he had done. "I asked Rodney what your favourite comfort food is so I thought I'd make you some blueberry pancakes when you felt better." Liv unwound her arms from his chest and this time, wrapped them around his neck with a grateful squeeze.

"No one's done that for me apart from my mom." Olli felt a strange sense of pride knowing he was the first person outside her family to do this for her.

Liv was pleasantly surprised at the food Olli made. She'd never say it to her face, but the pancakes were actually better than her mothers. The two were sat on the floor of their flat, plates in front of them with only a few crumbs scattered over the faded pattern.

"After that I guess my mentality of everything changed you know?" Liv traced her fingertip over the swirls of the floorboard and noted that her nails were getting slightly too long. "Like, after Wacken I dated this guy at my school called Freddy and he was really nice when it all started out. It was like one of those cheesy movies where the guy would walk the girl to her locker ever day and all that."