11- Rise Like A Phoenix

Have you ever wondered what would happen if you did something differently?

Perhaps if you hadn't missed that bus you would've been on time and gotten more done that day. Maybe if you had spoken to that handsome stranger in the street you would be closer.

AN ALTERNATE TURN OF EVENTS

"You got a pen?" The seventeen year old girl asked after pulling back from the kiss.

"Y-yeah." Still stunned from the turn of events the boy pulled a sharpie from his back pocket and handed it to the girl, having rewritten his name on the case of his instrument. Liv took it and then grabbed his left arm before scribbling something down in messy handwriting.

"That's my mobile." She explained as she snapped the lid on the pen. "If anyone other than me picks up ask for Luciana."

"That's a pretty name." He smiled at her and was hit with a pang of guilt that she didn't know his.

"My family call me that, you can call me Liv."

"Liv." He tried the name out, liking the way it fell from his lips as smooth as honey. She responded with a lopsided grin and turned to walk away but was halted in her tracks by a sharp tug to her arm, resulting in her spinning back around into a pair of all too familiar arms. "And where do you think you're going?"

She smiled when she saw she was captured in the electric blue gaze of her Bass Boy. "Away from your bandmates who seem to be getting quite the show." Liv waved her fingers at the boys over his shoulder who turned round and snickered like a bunch of schoolgirls.

"Right." He grabbed her hand and led her behind one of the stages where she found herself trapped between the black material and the bassist.

"Are you going to tell me your name or what?" They were both leaning in, heads at an angle with their lips mere millimetres from touching.

"I'm Olli." The boy said simply as he closed the space which Liv welcomed. Their kiss stayed soft and innocent as if they were exploring the waters of undiscovered feelings that were begging to be uncovered.

"Hey! Stop having sex over there you two!" An official yelled at the teenagers from a tent in the field, causing the two to break apart and start laughing.

"Sorry!" Liv called back to them. She buried her rapidly reddening face in Olli's denim vest. "Don't forget to call me."

~

The next summer saw the girls turn eighteen, with their last prom hanging on the Friday night. Liv was anxiously pacing in front of her long mirror with Rodney swiping mascara on her eyelashes by the vanity mirror.

 Liv was anxiously pacing in front of her long mirror with Rodney swiping mascara on her eyelashes by the vanity mirror