𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 04

A/N: i kinda wish i had waited a couple chapters to do the party scene thingy but oh well. (Also, for outfits and stuff, you can imagine it or put what outfit you'd wear in the comment section.)

You woke up to your loud alarm, and a throbbing headache that seemed like it wasn't going to go away anytime soon.

Great 

You reached out your hand to hit the snooze button, your eyes slowly starting to open. You groggily shuffled to your closet and picked out an old hoodie and a skirt. Once you climbed into your clothing, you trudged to the bathroom to complete your routine. Pulling out a toothbrush, you brushed your teeth and attempted to massage your forehead, trying to relieve the pain. You started to receive bits of memory from last night. All of a sudden you remembered "spider boy". He was the on who helped you.

As you exited the bathroom, you bumped into David.

"Oh, sorry." you said apologetically.

"No... that's fine... hey, can we talk for a second?"

Your eyes widened a bit but you leaned against the wall, nodding.

"I just wanted say sorry... for how I treated you." he looked down to the floor in shame. "Also, I managed to get a new job."

You were ecstatic. "Really!?"

He nodded his head, slightly smiling. You both stood there, in a train of thought before he headed to the kitchen and you headed to your grandmothers room. You were hoping with the money you were making and the potential money that David would be making, you could finally afford an LPN (licensed practical nurse) who would care for you grandmother in your home. It wasn't necessarily a burden to care for your grandmother but now that you were going to school and working, it would be a lot harder.

As you entered her room, you saw her still sleeping peacefully. You decided to sit on the edge of her bed, looking around the room. She used to collect old trinkets and china. Sitting on her dresser was a large jewelry box with a vintage floral pattern. You carefully opened the lid, looking at the mounds of necklaces and bracelets. Some were old and rusted while others were shiny and new-looking. All of a sudden, you saw something sparkle beneath the mound of jewelry. As you carefully sifted through the jewelry, you saw a beautiful ring. The diamond was oval shaped and it was incredibly detailed.

"That was my wedding ring."

You quickly turned you head, quite startled. Your grandmother was awake and had attempted to sit up. She was smiling at you. 

"It's beautiful, grandma." you replied, fiddling with the ring in your hand.

Her smile grew. "I want you to have it, dear."

Your eyes widened.

"I- but it's your wedding ring."

She simply sighed and gestured for you to come closer. You walked back over to her bed, with the ring still in your hand.

"I am growing older and I will not be around forever, so, I want you to have it."

With that, you smiled brightly and slipped the ring on your ring finger, admiring the beautifully cut diamond.

After you had given your grandmother her medicine and breakfast, you went to the kitchen to eat breakfast yourself. You grabbed a slice of bread and popped it in the toaster. David had already left, you assumed. As your toast popped up, you grabbed the grape jam from the fridge and spread it on the bread with a butter knife. You quickly ate and put your dish in the sink, heading out the door soon after that.