Chapter 27

A/N: I suck at making those article newspaper things so bear with me for this next part:

"May 16th, 2006, Mr. Charles Walker, founder and head administrator of Walker Sanatorium, accused of fraud and potentially, manslaughter. Witnesses and families of the patients report 'improper use of medical tools' and 'Forceful, aggressive staff'. Families also report lack of communication between their relative. They said after a month or two, the connection and communication was scarce. Supposedly, the front desk wouldn't even pick up their calls and the staff would burn all letters sent from them. A week or two ago,  an unexpected visit was made from Head of the notorious Holmes Clinic and Urgent Care, Mr. Gabriel Holmes. Walker and Holmes are former colleagues and lifelong friends. During Holmes's visit, it was reported that there were much sinister affairs happening behind the unassuming, peaceful façade that was built around the reputation of Walker Sanatorium."

 I shifted my gaze from the newspaper, soon realizing Alexander was no longer in the room. It was just me, the old newspaper, the sound of dripping tap water coming from a nearby sink, the small table of medical instruments and the night sky in view from the window.

Tears of despair welled in my eyes. It was a familiar lonely feeling, reminding me of the summer nights spent in my bedroom. Despite having many people in my life, they were always a blur... well I was more like a blur to them.

This was a little different. I'm quite literally alone. No one to hear screams or shouts, considering the building was 20 minutes away from the city. This was more like a hopeless feeling. That lead to thoughts that this could be it. This could simply be the end of me. 

I tried to swallow back the knot that was slowly forming in my throat.

Something caught my gaze from the door-- someone

Light hair, bright scrubs. Charlotte.

She had a certain expression. One that was a mix of guilt, shock and regret. All stirred up into one face. She returned my glance, looking me dead in the eye as she walked pass, rather quickly once she realized who was in the room.

Because my head was tilted, hot and salty tears ran across my face-- landing on the metal hospital bed. I couldn't hold it back anymore, like the emotions, tears and sobs were just pushing through me and I couldn't stop it. I began sobbing, quietly at first but it turned into violent cries and I started hyperventilating, losing my breath, quickly. My breath hitched, over and over again. A habit of mine, whenever things like this happen, is to place my hand up to my chest, however I couldn't with the restraints.

My head turned, facing the ceiling now, as I caught up to my breaths.

Smell the rose, blow out the candle...

It was cheesy, but my mother had taught me that and it was somewhat effective.

peter;

There were no city building to attach or cling onto anymore-- I was practically in the countryside. So I ran. Pumping my legs as hard as I could. I had no idea what I was in for but the adrenaline of curiosity was what drove me. And the feeling that something was wrong, a potential danger.

"Karen, how much longer!?" I yelled out to the AI Mr. Stark had recently put in my suit.

"Approximately 5 minutes, if you keep up this pace."

The exhaustion was catching up to me as I panted, heavily.

"May I ask why you're in such a hurry to... Walker Sanatorium?"

I thought for a second, "I think someone's in danger."

"Are you aware of the story surrounding that building, Peter?" even through her default AI tone of voice, there was a slight pang of dread, worry.

"No... why?"

"According to an article, published May of 2006, the Walker Sanatorium was exposed for improper use of medical devices, by Gabriel Holmes and his team. Charles Walker has been in jail ever since."

Holmes... Walker?

"But... Holmes is Y/N's last name... it's probably a coincidence." I whispered, under my breath.

"Well, Y/N Holmes is the biological daughter of Gabriel Holmes." she continued, "And Alexander, from Midtown High School happens to also be the son of Charles Walker."

I didn't responded, seeing a large shadow of a building coming closer.

"Hm, well, long story short, the two families have been at war ever since... even after Gabriel and his wife, Julia's passing. A fatal car crash, in 2008."

I felt bad for her-- having to go through that. It was all making sense now. And I knew exactly who was holding her.

A/N: the more i write this the more i hate the plot. its just so random and makes no sense (in my head at least) but i really hope ur enjoying so far and ill see u next chapter (srry for any mistakes).