𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 23

"Ahhh!"

I practically jumped out of my own skin as someone came up behind me, as I closed my locker door.

"Homecoming is todayyy!" Lily said.

"Mhm." I chuckled, not even a little surprised by Lily's enthusiasm about homecoming.

I was definitely just as excited as her but chose to show it in different ways. 

Lily and I walked side by side down the corridor, " Ugh, I wish I had a date... I've been so busy with planning... I'm glad you have one though."

She turned to look at me, a friendly grin finding it's way on her lips.

"Yeah, I'm glad too." I replied, quietly, an insincere tone laced my voice.

Of course I'm glad, why wouldn't I be? I'm going to homecoming with the best boyfriend ever.

You're such a faker... 

The bitter thought came as a surprise in my head. Although, part of me couldn't help but agree, the other part was still hanging onto the façade.

As much as I didn't want to, I reluctantly allowed myself to go deeper into thought. I know I wasn't good at this love stuff but I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that whenever I was around Alexander, everything felt so fabricated and fake, almost like I couldn't be myself.

Typically, this would be the dream love story. Everything was perfect and went so smoothly. But I hated it. It was as if I was trapped in some stupid, teen romance movie and I always had a script right in my hands. Unlike with Peter, I could joke around and be my stubborn, sarcastic self. 

My shadow painted the street, as I walked by a bright street light in the city. Angry storm clouds started to line the sky, their dark gray color signaling that rain would be coming soon. 

Of course, out of all days, it would rain on the night of homecoming. I honestly wasn't even surprised at this point.

However, it was practically freezing, so it could even snow as well.

I shivered as I approached my apartment complex. The lights in the windows of the building illuminated the sidewalk.

Once I had reached my apartment door, I unlocked it with my spare key and walked into the room, dropping my bag by the door, as I always do. The sound of a knife hitting the cutting board traveled from the kitchen to where I was standing. I walked into the kitchen, only to find David attempting to chop vegetables.

"Why is this literally the hardest thing I've ever done." he mumbled, sounding quite annoying.

"Other than taking your eyes away from that stupid laptop."

I smirked as he rolled his eyes, "Ha ha... I'm laughing so hard right now."

"Here, dumbass, let me show you." I giggled grabbing the large knife from his hand.

Chopping the vegetables, I slowly cut them by bringing the knife down slowly, to the cutting board, and back up. David watched, impatiently tapping his foot on the floor.

After chopping all of the vegetables, I carefully placed the knife on the granite counter and turned to look at him, with a grin on my face.

"ThAnK yOu." he said, mockingly.

"You are so welcome, princess."

He only scoffed and continued washing the rest of the vegetables. The sight of him in defeat made a satisfied smirk appear on my lips, as I continued walking down the hall and into my bedroom.

Buzz buzz 

ˏ⸉ˋ‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ˊ⸊ˎ

Lily ❀ུ۪:

Heyy Y/N, i'm picking u up at 8, ok?

                                                                             You:

                                                                              sounds good <3

Lily ❀ུ۪:

Okk see u later bae <3

ˏ⸉ˋ‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ˊ⸊ˎ

I smiled, shoving my phone back in my pocket and collapsing face-first into my bed. Ashe soon followed, curling up by my head. An exhausted sigh fell from my lips as I rolled over, my eyes fixing on the ivory-white gown hanging in the opened closet. The more I realized how soon homecoming was, the more anxious I got. As if there was a knot in my stomach. For some reason, it wasn't the typical pre-homecoming jitters about "what if no one likes my dress?" or "what if I do something embarrassing at my first dance?". No... it was something else, something I couldn't quite put a finger on. Something that has yet to come. Something bad.

The clock on my night stand read 7 o'clock, when I decided to get ready. I had eaten something in advance since I most likely wouldn't get home until 9:30 to 10:00. 

Grabbing the dress from the closet, I sat it on my bed and stepped out of my own clothes. I picked the dress up, slipping it over my figure. The smooth, satin fabric glided across my skin as it draped over my frame. I adjusted the gown over my hips as I admired myself in the mirror. 

A few minutes later, after doing my hair, I clipped the blue flower necklace around my neck and 2 inch, ivory white, chunky heels.

Walking into the living room, I was bombarded by David, with an old camera in my face.

"Say hiii, Y/N."

I groaned in annoyance, covering the camera lens. David chuckled, zooming in on my face as I side-eyed him, grabbing a light sweater from the coat rack near the front door.

"Remember, no kissing anyone and you've gotta be home by 9:30."

"Ok, dad." I replied, in a sing-song voice.

I cracked the door opened, turning to look at David with a mischievous grin, "Can't make any promises on the first rule." 

"Wait wha-"

I winked and dashed out of the apartment, giggling at the muffled sound of David calling after me.

Clutching my small purse tighter, I shivered as I waited for Lily. Soon enough, a car pulled up. I could see Lily's familiar smile through the tinted glass as I opened the car door and climbed in.

"You're dress is adorable." Lily said, as soon as I sat down in the passenger seat.

I let out an airy chuckle, "Thanks, I love yours too."

"Oh- hey, before I forget, Alexander wanted to give you this corsage."

Keeping her eyes on the road as she drove, Lily handed me a corsage, with blue roses. As I studied the beautiful flowers, my default smile dropped into a nostalgic frown, as my eyes trailed to blue necklace draped around my neck.

A/N: sorry for not posting lol but im back and ill probably post like once a week or so. the only reason i was able to post now was because school was canceled cuz of the slick roads (from the snow and ice) so ya.

but anyways i hope you have a good day <3 luv u