𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 10

You left the hospital and headed down the road, dreading the long walk to your apartment complex. The visit was a little disappointing. You had hoped that she would be at least a little but she had gotten worse. 

The snow had lightened up a bit but it was still freezing cold. The bitter, frosty wind whipped past your face as you started to walk faster, determined to get home before 8:00, so that your brother didn't get all bent out of shape, wondering why you were so late. 

The night was surprisingly quiet and wasn't filled with honking and the rumbling of obnoxious cars, which gave you time to clear your thoughts about the whole situation. You took a deep breath, as cold air filled your lungs.

A few minutes later, after you had finally arrived at your apartment complex, you walked up the stairs and headed down the hall to your apartment door. The door itself was not locked so you turned the handle and walked into the silent, dark room. Dropping your backpack by the door, you walked down the hall and saw David in his room. He was hunched over at a desk, looking at a bright laptop screen. 

"Hey, I'm home." you said, careful not to startle him too much.

He looked over calmly and slightly smiled, "Oh, hey Y/N"

You smiled back and walked into your room, right next to his. You sighed dramatically, feeling a slight headache starting to form. You soon decided just to sit out on the fire escape outside your bedroom window. Pulling on an extra hoodie, you opened the window and carefully climbed out onto the small fire escape balcony. You sat down and dangled your legs through a gap in the railing. You enjoyed the small moments like these where you can just be relaxed and content, it almost made you forget about your endless list of problems and worries. In other words, you would stay like this forever, if you could.

All of a sudden, you heard a thumping sound, as if something had landed right next to you. You immediately looked up and saw Spider boy himself. You internally smiled at his presence, he made you feel safe. 

"Hey, Y/N."

"Hi, Spider boy."

He sat down next to you. It was a little awkward considering the fire escape was a tad bit too small, so you both were practically touching shoulders. You had gotten an odd, fuzzy feeling in your chest when he sat next to you, but you ignored it. He handed you a cup of F/F (favorite flavor) ice cream with rainbow sprinkles.

"Aw, you didn't have to." you said, looking up at him.

"I just felt kind of... bad... because of..." 

He trailed off and you slightly nodded. 

"Now that I think about it... ice cream probably wasn't the best idea, especially in the freezing cold... sorry." he said, chuckling under his mask.

"No, no... it's fine, thank you"

You gave him a reassuring smile.

A couple minutes later, when you had practically devoured all of your ice cream, you definitely felt a lot colder from the ice cream to the point where you were almost shivering. Spider boy happened to be a lot warmer, due to the constant movement of swinging through the city. You felt yourself gradually lean towards him as you shivered from the bitter cold. You could practically feel all of your fingers ready to fall off from frostbite. You adored snow but not the frigid temperature that came with it.

Reluctantly, Spider boy placed his warm hand over you frostbitten one.

                                                     ***Peter's POV***

Oh my god, oh my god- What the hell am I doing!? She's gonna think I'm weird now!

But for some reason, I couldn't take my hand away. Even through the costume, I could feel her frigid hands under mine. She surprisingly didn't move her hands either. My thoughts reverted to my phone call with Ned, but I internally shook my head and decided to try not to think about it.

"Thanks for the ice cream, by the way." She said, smiling at me.

"Yeah, no problem."

Silence followed, making it a tad awkward. Until I spoke up once more.

"Well, I'm gonna get going now... it was nice seeing you, Y/N."

"It was nice seeing you too, take care Spider boy." She replied with her signature smirk.

Even though she couldn't see it, I smiled under my mask. "You too."

With that, I hopped off her fire escape and ventured back to my own apartment complex.

I lived pretty close to Y/N so it didn't take long before I landed onto my own fire escape, outside my bedroom window. A dim lamp sitting on my desk shone through the frosty, foggy window. I reached down and pulled up my window, causing a small amount of snow to trickle down off the windowsill. I crawled through the window, careful not to make a noise and wake Aunt May, since she would not be very happy to see me crawling through my window at 9:30 PM, especially in my Spiderman costume. Aunt May had no idea about this "identity" of mine, and I'd prefer to keep it that way... at least for now.

I walked into my room and pulled off my mask. As I turned to face my bed, I quickly realized that was not, in fact, alone in my room, as I previously thought. Ned sat on my bed, with a lego structure in his lap and a shocked expression on his face.

"Peter!? You're Spiderm-"

"Shhhhh!" I tried to whisper-yell, "Ned!- What are you doing here!?"

"Dude... when were you gonna tell me that you were the Spiderman!"

"That doesn't answer my-"

"That is so awesome! So do you know any other heroes- like Iron Man!?"

Ned began to bombard me with questions, and I sighed, shaking my head.

"Listen... no one else can know about this, okay?" I said.

"Not even Y/N or MJ?"

I shook my head.

"What about Aunt May?"

"Especially not Aunt May." I replied, "So... please just don't tell anyone yet..."

"Alright, alright, I won't..."

It was silent for a few seconds, before Ned spoke up again.

"By the way... how was that date of yours?" 

Ned winked and I rolled my eyes. 

"For the last time, it's not a date, Ned."

"Right..."

A/N: Hii everyone hope you're having a nice day so far and i hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

Just to clarify something really quickly, the order of events and stuff is not going to be exactly like spiderman homecoming (the movie) so i hope thats not an issue or anything, just wanted to say that incase anyone was wondering. 

also dont ask why i decided to make it snow so early lmao :')

See you next chapter luvs