𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 07

A/N: dont think i have anything to say rn so i guess just enjoy lol

You unlocked the apartment door, unaware of the person standing right in front of you. You tried to stifle a scream.

"I'm so sorry for startling you." the blonde haired lady said.

"That's uh... fine? Um... who exactly are you...?"

"Oh, right, sorry. My name is Charlotte Barlowe." she said, "I work for the local nursing home a couple streets down and I was hired here to care for Ms. L/N... your grandmother, I assume."

Your face immediately lit up. 

Had David already hired a nurse?

"Well, I have given your grandmother dinner and her medications, so I best be on my way, if that's alright with you."

"Yeah, yeah, of course, thank you." you replied, smiling as she exited your apartment and walked down the hall.

You then entered the apartment and headed for your grandma's bedroom. Cracking the door open, you peered through and saw her sleeping peacefully in her bed. You smiled and closed the door as quietly and softly as you could. You ventured further down the hall until you reached your room. As soon as you stepped through the door and approached your bed, you collapsed on your soft comforter and immediately fell asleep, thinking of today's events.

You buried yourself deeper into your duvet as the alarm on your phone went off.

BEEP BEEP BEEP! 

You reached your hand out to tap the screen and silence the aggravating alarm, groaning as you slowly sat up, leaving the comfort of your blanket. You yawned and rubbed your tired eyes.  Slowly getting out of bed, you made you way to your closet and picked out an outfit.

A couple minutes later, after you were all finished getting ready, you headed out the bedroom door and down the hallway, to the living room. As soon as you entered, you immediately Miss Barlowe sitting on the sofa next to your brother, having a conversation. 

They noticed you. Charlotte stood up, with a concerned look on her face.

"I am sorry to inform you on this, Miss L/N... but... we unfortunately have to move your grandmother to a hospital for more extensive and thorough care."

You were in shock. 

How could this happen so sudden? What was wrong with her? Why did she need extensive care? She was just fine a few days a-

All of a sudden there was a knock at the door and Charlotte walked over to open it. It was the paramedics, rolling in a stretcher through the living room and down the hall. You glanced over to your brother who gave you a sympathetic look, realizing you were becoming increasingly overwhelmed, and was on the verge of tears. It was all happening so sudden. 10 minutes ago your were sleeping peacefully in your bed, oblivious to the events that were approaching. 

You couldn't help the tears that were started to prickle your E/C eyes as they rolled the stretcher back down the hall, this time with your grandma in it. She looked pale and unwell. She then reached out her bony hand towards you. You reached yours out as well and you felt something suddenly drop onto the palm of your hand. As you examined the object in your hand, you noticed that is was a silver necklace with two small charms on it, a blue flower and a tiny key.

"What's... this?" you asked, but they were already half way out the door.

Without a second thought, you started sprinting to the door as your brother yelled after you.

"Y/N! Stop!"

But you could barely hear him as you tried to keep up with the paramedics people while they carried the stretcher down the stairs. Once you were right behind them, you tried to call after your grandma.

"Wait!- Grandma! What's this for!?"

No response. You were now following them out the door and onto the sidewalk outside your apartment complex. Tears started to stream down your face. There was an ambulance vehicle parked right outside and they immediately opened the back door to usher your grandmother in. 

"Wait! Please!" you pleaded, trying to catch your breath.

You attempted to follow the stretcher into the vehicle but you suddenly felt a pair of arms wrap around your waist and gently pull you back as the paramedics closed the back doors to the ambulance. 

"Hey, hey, it's gonna be ok."

You immediately recognized Spider boy's voice but you were too busy watching the ambulance vehicle drive away to look at him. You tried to wipe away your tears, feeling a little silly. You sniffled and leaned your head into his shoulder, trying to hide your tears. A few seconds later, reality hit you and you then removed your head from his shoulder.

"Sorry..." you said, with an awkward, weak smile.

"Nah, it's fine."

You looked over and saw David and Charlotte coming out the door. You glanced back at Spider boy.

"Thanks, Spider boy." you said, your sarcastic wit slowly coming back to you, "I'll see you around."

You could practically feel him rolling his eyes at you.

"Spider man... and yeah, I guess I'll see you around."

You smirked at his remark and turned to meet David, leaving Spider boy's grasp. As you ran up to hug David, you wrapped your arms around his neck and burrowed your head into his chest. He was a little taken back by this but pat your back and smiled.

"Is she... gonna be ok?"

You could hear him sigh.

"Let's hope so."

______________________________________________________________________

Bro I finally finished this dam chapter. I don't even know how long it's been since i've updated or published a chapter but here I am. 

Ngl it's a little short than what my goal is (1000 words per chapter) but i was just really desperate to finalize and publish this chapter so yeah.

I hope ya'll enjoyed this so far and I'm looking forward to writing more! <3

bye bye and have a good day luvs.